Test Indicators not appearing in Strategy Tester: HideTestIndicators() not working

I had a problem with Indicators in my EA when using the strategy tester. It used to be that when I would run an EA in the strategy tester the indicators used would automatically appear in the chart. Admittedly things like moving averages all had the same colour, but nevertheless they appeared.

Recently I have been trying to debug an EA as the print out of the standard indicator values just doesn't make sense. Unfortunately I couldn't get the EA's version of the standard indicators to appear.

I thought I might have set a flag in an option somewhere to suppress them but couldn't find it. There is a HideTestIndicators() function but that doesn't seem to do anything.

In order to get the indicators to be the correct colours I had previously set up a chart with the indicator colours as required and saved that as a template with the same name as the EA. This works fine. Deleting that template did not work in bringing back the native EA indicators. They only reappeared when I deleted the entire contents of the template directory.

Perhaps I didn't need to delete everything in there but I have been trying to fix this problem for more than an hour, hunting through the documentation and this forum to no avail. I thought I would post this in case anyone else has a similar problem.

I am running MT4 version 4.00 build 226

Reason: