Calling iCustom from an indicator? Multiple instances of indicator clash?

Are there any known issues with calling iCustom from an indicator? I am making a signal generator indicator that checks multiple other custom indicators my system uses. I have an order management EA running on the chart hence why I have gone this route. I have the function below to check against the custom indicator, which I am sure is right, its hardly complex code. When the indicator is first launched and for several hours after checks are made without issue, the correct values are reported, but this morning it did not signal when I expected. I have all the indicators loaded onto the chart at the same time for testing purposes, and because it is a manual system so I still need to know what it happening. Checking the logs I had:

05:30:04 - - - CheckForexTrend: M15 result = -10: ind_buffer_1 = 0 ind_buffer_2 = -0.5014 -
The result received below is impossible for this indicator.
11:00:09 - - - CheckForexTrend: M15 result = 10: ind_buffer_1 = 0 ind_buffer_2 = 0
Later on in the log I then saw, the below, the same value was being reported multiple times (only listed twice here but it appeared four times), again impossible/highly unlikely.
13:45:02 - - - CheckForexTrend: M15 result = -10: ind_buffer_1 = 0 ind_buffer_2 = -0.3962
14:00:05 - - - CheckForexTrend: M15 result = -10: ind_buffer_1 = 0 ind_buffer_2 = -0.3962

My question I guess is, if the indicator is on the chart at the same time as it is checked via iCustom are there chances of any conflicts? Other members of the group I am making this for also reported repainting of indicators they had not noticed before since using the signal generator. I have no idea why. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Function: CheckForexTrend
//Purpose:  Make check against Forex Trend for alignment to the trade direction.
//Inputs:   string Symbol_ 
//          int Period_
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
int CheckForexTrend(string Symbol_, int Period_, int indicator_period) {
    int result = NEUTRAL;
    double ind_buffer_1  = iCustom(Symbol_,Period_,"FXCX Forex Trend",indicator_period,1,1);//Lime
    double ind_buffer_2 = iCustom(Symbol_,Period_,"FXCX Forex Trend",indicator_period,2,1);//Red  
    if(ind_buffer_1 != 0.0) result = BUY;
    if(ind_buffer_2 != 0.0) result = SELL;

string  AlertMessage = StringConcatenate("CheckForexTrend: ",PeriodToString(Period_)," result = ",result,
                                                ": ind_buffer_1 = ",ind_buffer_1," ind_buffer_2 = ",ind_buffer_2);    
   log(AlertMessage);                                                                                 
   return(result);
}//end CheckForexTrend(string Symbol_, int Period_)
Reason: