10 years backtest 10k to 40k is that interesting such think

Hello,

I make a backtest with a strategie and look the testgraph it make a 10k account to 40k from 1999 till 2010 but i dont know if such thinks is interesting realy what you say?

no impressive at all...keep trading..gl

PipTraderTim wrote >>
Hello,

I make a backtest with a strategie and look the testgraph it make a 10k account to 40k from 1999 till 2010 but i dont know if such thinks is interesting realy what you say?

I have an EA with some similarity with yours with regards to below.

1. both have such small number of trades. This is a little risky as the EA is not well 'tested'. Ideally, you create one that trades more.
2. small profit. well, you didnt mention your worst single drawdown, and worst consecutive total drawdown. even if small profit, if very small drawdown, then it is a good thing, because you can expose more. also, what is your profit factor (looking at your equity curve, it wont be more than 2.0)?

jcadong5:

I have an EA with some similarity with yours with regards to below.

1. both have such small number of trades. This is a little risky as the EA is not well 'tested'. Ideally, you create one that trades more.
2. small profit. well, you didnt mention your worst single drawdown, and worst consecutive total drawdown. even if small profit, if very small drawdown, then it is a good thing, because you can expose more. also, what is your profit factor (looking at your equity curve, it wont be more than 2.0)?

profit factor not more then 2.0 drawdown about 11%
Reason: