Broker Concerns

Hi,

I've studied the FX markets for sometime and have come to the point where I'm ready to invest some money and start trading albeit in a test the waters approach... So in the last 2 weeks I've been searching for the right broker. I'm concerned with the number of stories I've read where people suffer alot of misquotes, server timeouts etc and the suggestion that this is happening in a deceiving manner to rob them of profit as most brokers being market makers are on the other side of the trade... I spent alot of time considering MB trading because they offer ECN but they don't appear to be immune from this either and also work out to be quite expensive unless you're swing trading or something (I intend to day trade in a fashion similiar to scalping but not quite to that extreme).

So I'm left thinking should I look at a regulated market instead like the S&P e-mini futures or something like that, but that seems not only to cost more to get started but it doesn't seem any of brokers offer MT4 for trading e-mini's..

Any advice? or expriences from anyone who can give me confidence to trade FX?

Cheers.

Reason: