Learning MQL4 - Needs Help

Hi I do have a good background in trading, but I cant figure this problem out for the life of me. All I am basically trying to do is have an 'always in' system that can handle opening and closing it damn trades.

if (first trade) {

if (trend up)

buy

else

sell

}

if (trend changes up)

close previous trade

buy

else if (trend changes down)

close previous trade

sell

I am having alot of difficulty with this whole 'ticket' concept. How can I refer to a specific trade and say if its open close it!

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

chris2547:

Hi I do have a good background in trading, but I cant figure this problem out for the life of me. All I am basically trying to do is have an 'always in' system that can handle opening and closing it damn trades.

if (first trade) {

if (trend up)

buy

else

sell

}

if (trend changes up)

close previous trade

buy

else if (trend changes down)

close previous trade

sell

I am having alot of difficulty with this whole 'ticket' concept. How can I refer to a specific trade and say if its open close it!

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks

You can access existing orders in a number of ways.

If you need to close all open orders (or if you only ever have 1 open order), then you can find out the number of open orders and turn the result into a loop which closes each order. Remember to subtract 1 because the order numbers are indexed starting at 0. Also remember to check that the orders relate to the appropriate symbol.

If you need to refer to specific orders in a collection of open orders, then you should use the 'magic numbers' facility when opening the order, so that you can identify it in order to modify or close it.

Reason: