My experience on building EA

Tried to building EA based on recommended usage of the most commons indicators such as ac, ad, adx, even combination of ma and par

RESULT

with the setting of equal pips to win and larger pips to accomodate the possibility that favours the movement(prevent early stop loss)

with the recommended usage of the indicators i set up various EA and on back test, since the sl and tp is almost same meaning R:R ratio is almost the same(as larger pips render the spread less significant)

OUTCOME

maximum i can get is 55% win

CONS

very few trades, less than 120 trades in a year, with such winning rate, the profit wont be significant enough, and don't worth the time

Anyone has similar experience should agree with me.

SCENARIO

combine all to make one strict EA based on all the recommended indicators usage would make even less trades,even though winning rate will be slightly higher, still insignificant to make significant profits.

MY THOUGHTS ON EA OUT THERE

since indicator is based on chart price too, hence all indicators, at least popular ones,with general acknolegment of their efficacy will yield the same result as i provided.

hence my thought of their build are based on indicators plus specific time to trade(and other market factor,acquired from trading experience), hence there will be no single EA that can work on all pairs.

WELL IM JUST TRYING TO SHARE MY VIEW AND MY EXPERIENCE SO FAR,HOPE CAN HEAR FROM SOME SIMILAR OR DISAGREEMENT BASED ON FACTS

My thought on my own EA would be since i have the advantage of around 55% wins, with consecutive loss of 8-10 loss in a row, i thought maybe if i could come out with an EA which doubles up the loss until win and reset when win achieved. thought to trade as such would need larger capital.

Glad to hear some opinion, no shooting me please im sharing here. thank you.

I cant figure out how to make the EA to do so, so if anyone can help please PM me too :)

RAptor uk and angeyounger i just saw your reply on mql4.com,so skip that part, maybe if you wnated to you can comment on my experience on EA thats all thanks

mp88:

OUTCOME

maximum i can get is 55% win

My thought on my own EA would be since i have the advantage of around 55% wins, with consecutive loss of 8-10 loss in a row, i thought maybe if i could come out with an EA which doubles up the loss until win and reset when win achieved. thought to trade as such would need larger capital.

Glad to hear some opinion, no shooting me please im sharing here. thank you.

I cant figure out how to make the EA to do so, so if anyone can help please PM me too :)

RAptor uk and angeyounger i just saw your reply on mql4.com,so skip that part, maybe if you wnated to you can comment on my experience on EA thats all thanks

It sounds like you created a "Coin Toss" EA,  take a look at the chart in this post:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11121#comment_449360
Food for thought and brainstorming
Food for thought and brainstorming
  • www.mql5.com
Does that means if i set the trade in different direction at same point of entry will make the winning rate 70%?

RaptorUK:
It sounds like you created a "Coin Toss" EA,  take a look at the chart in this post:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11121#comment_449360
Your chart is finally useful ;-)

well, its very true, coin toss EA haha, but im sure there are even better martingale EA, in terms of better chances of winning? or unlikely? have to test to know. Suggestion?

anyways, what to comment bout my point on the indicator usage, true enough?

angevoyageur:
Your chart is finally useful ;-)

I found my chart useful a long time ago ;-)

I wonder what percentage of people who look at it understand the implications ? 

mp88:
I can't comment as I'm not qualified,  I have never used Technical Indicators except when trying to help someone else with coding issues.

RaptorUK:

I found my chart useful a long time ago ;-)

I wonder what percentage of people who look at it understand the implications ? 

This is a good idea to start a topic about it. It would be very interesting.

mp88:
Most indicators are lagging. That make difficult to buid something profitable on long term.

you guys are just chatting here,lol, well, the chart is useful but it can be shortened into one short sentence in summary,which i found more direct

win: loss ratio is directly proportional to risk:reward ratio

that really makes me wonder how you guys trade, or you guys dont trade at all?
Reason: