Genetic Optimization

I've read a few of the articles about Genetic Algorithms in optimization, and I've read that GA's may have been built into MT4. Does anyone have any information on this? Does MT4 (build 209) use Genetic algorithms in optimization?

Thanks

Nick

Genetic Algorithms vs. Simple Search in the MetaTrader 4 Optimizer

The article compares the time and results of Expert Advisors' optimization using genetic algorithms and those obtained by simple search.

Genetic Algorithms: Mathematics

Genetic (evolutionary) algorithms are used for optimization purposes. An example of such purpose can be neuronet learning, i.e., selection of such weight values that allow reaching the minimum error. At this, the genetic algorithm is based on the random search method.

Scriptor:

Genetic Algorithms vs. Simple Search in the MetaTrader 4 Optimizer

The article compares the time and results of Expert Advisors' optimization using genetic algorithms and those obtained by simple search.

Genetic Algorithms: Mathematics

Genetic (evolutionary) algorithms are used for optimization purposes. An example of such purpose can be neuronet learning, i.e., selection of such weight values that allow reaching the minimum error. At this, the genetic algorithm is based on the random search method.

I understand both of those. But how do you elect to use Genetic Algorithms? Do you code them yourself into an EA, or is it an option to select in the tester?

Nick

Renat:

Ah ha! Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

Nick

Can any one shed some light on this? Do I have to code my own algorithm and are there preset algorithms that can be used already? I downloaded one but its the weekend and the markets are closed. It seemed to work. Does any one know of a profitable trading strategy as of late when it comes to automation? 

1. Don't resurrect eleven year old threads. Much as changes since since February 3, 2014 (Build 600)

2. Generic is an option of optimization. Perhaps you should read the manual.
              User Interface - MetaTrader 4 Help
Reason: