profitability 43! - page 8

delyus:

Goldtrader,

Why not set TP and SL immediately in the order? Why would you overload the server with requests, which will already be a lot?

If your broker does not allow you to set the TP and SL to the market order immediately, for example the same Vhc.

Strange policy - first time I've heard that :(

delyus, that was 1 of 5-6 questions I asked, what about the others? Maybe we should put them in a forum?

In fact, a pattern favourable for a pipsqueak is immediately recognisable - on the minutes it is 3-5 pips flat micro-corridors, then the price slowly descends or rises to a level and then continues to flat.

Goldtrader,

wrote back. what with you lagging behind, others have long since done so without a single additional question)))

delyus:
goldtrader, yuraz, how are you doing? the same thing?

:-) well its not winwin ... the curve is going down .

delyus:

Goldtrader,

I wrote back. what with you lagging behind, others have long since done so without a single additional question)))

I'm used to finding out all the issues before solving a problem so I don't have to redo it several times. :)

goldtrader:
Neutron:

Two things happened at this point:

1. The DC commission per transaction has been reduced for promotional purposes. This action is usually widely advertised in the media.

2. In order to prevent the free flow of money from the brokerage companies to the pocket of engaged traders, at the same time, a new filter for the quotation flow was introduced (the flow became less fluffy). This action, as a rule, is hushed up.

Pardon me, I must be behind the times: has the transaction fee been reintroduced in forex? If I'm not mistaken, it was abolished about 5-10 years ago. Or are you confused with a fund?

Here's the thing about the filtering I agree with 100%.

Perhaps I didn't express myself accurately - I meant a regular spread.

Basically, without any special tricks, tweaks and optimisations the result is very close to Victor's.

Below is the run with default parameters for the year 2006 (from 01.01.2006 to 31.12.2006):

This is the graph for the period from 01.01.2007 to 07.02.2008:

And generalised run from 01.01.2006 to 07.02.2008:

The vertical green line is the historical boundary of the chart (number of trading days left and right are roughly equal). In fact, to the left of the line is the 1st chart, and to the right is the 2nd chart. The runs were performed using the same values of parameters for the same historical base (HC). Conclusions:

1. Up to the beginning of 2007 (before the green line) quotes were quite fluffy, as confirmed by active and profitable (FP=27 for 2006) trading of the Expert Advisor during this period.

2. Then filtration (or maybe something else) was applied, which sharply reduces the profitability of the system.

3. Maybe on demo (or even some time on small real) may work with a broker that has not combed quotes yet, but I see no further prospects.

I have a good idea to use the system in order to work with a broker that has not yet combed the quotes, but I don't see any further perspectives.

Interesting to watch the inveterate counter-people working on it :-)

delyus:

i'm a trader for 5 years now. i'm also skeptical about pips and i know all the theory, practice and realities of trading. i trade at least on daily basis, from medium term to long term. but the EA is phenomenal, at least as a demo toy. and then, if everything is not so bad and there is an interbank, DTs should not theoretically be against it)

I think everyone would benefit from hearing it:

www.radioforex.ru/uploads/market_2008_02_06_2.mp3
www.radioforex.ru/uploads/big_man_20080129.mp3

Goldtrader,

credit))) now try to figure out for yourself how to make it profitable after 2007. hint - the entry needs to change a bit. the essence is the same, you need to play counter. watch for minutes, better in the evening, also see how lackey works.

Reason: