Snowman is a regular Expert Advisor based on a quite simple Moving Average strategy. Unlike most "mega-profitable" Expert Advisors, it certainly cannot earn you millions. The main idea behind the algorithm of the Expert Advisor, is stability. It should be profitable regardless of price fluctuations over a quite long period of time.
The screenshots provided to this description represent the results obtained in the Strategy Tester without optimization.
Features of the Expert Advisor:
- Multi-currency mode. Settings are optional.
- Trading during the specified time intervals (days, hours, minutes). Settings are optional.
- 7 additional filters for the buy signals. Settings are optional.
- Virtual Stop Loss and Take Profit set automatically and not visible to your dealing center.
- Record-keeping of the operations performed in a .csv file.
- Currency pair: GBPUSD (4- or 5-digit quotes). The use of other pairs is possible but not recommended.
- Time frame: М30 - selected automatically.
- Leverage 1:100.
- Initial deposit: $5,000 with the lot size of 0.1 (or $500 with the lot size of 0.01, respectively).
- TradeDay - trading day of the week, if it is empty - we trade on all days. Values are not case sensitive and can be entered in Russian and English using ";". Example: понедельник;wednesday or понедельник;ЧЕТВЕРГ;Пятница or tuesday;Friday;MONDAy.
- ReversDay - definer of trading and non-trading days. true - days specified in the TradeDay variable are non-trading days. false - days specified in the TradeDay variable are trading days.
- TradeTimeSignal - time interval (format - hours:minutes) in which the market entry point is searched. Example: 13:16-16:25;17:30-19:45 - trading is on from 13:16 to 16:25 and from 17:30 to 19:45. An empty string means that there are no time limits.
- ReversTimeSignal - definer of the non-trading time interval. true - time specified in the TradeTimeSignal variable is a non-trading time. false - time specified in the TradeTimeSignal variable is a trading time.
- symbols_active - currency pairs used. Example: EURUSD;GBPUSD;USDCHF.
- selected_terminal_symbol - this parameter works only if the symbols_active variable is empty. true - list of currency pairs available in the Market Watch window. false - list of all currency pairs provided by the dealing center.
- Exp_period - МА period.
- order_lot - contract size.
Additional filters. true - filter is on, false - filter is off. Any filter combination is possible.
All recommended values are selected in the settings by default.
Any constructive comments and suggestions are welcome.