NewsCatcher Pro MT5
NewsCatcher Pro MT5 opens both pending and market orders based on data from economic calendars. You can choose from one of the two available calendars: mt4.numerika.ru or forexfactory.com. In live mode, this EA automatically downloads calendars, opens orders, trails and closes orders.
Only for HEDGING accounts.
NewsCatcher Pro MT5 uses two strategies:
- Strategy 1 (pending orders): the EA opens two pending orders above and below the current price before economic data is released. Whichever direction the price moves after economic data is released, one of the pending orders triggers.
- Strategy 2 (market orders): after economic data is released, the EA evaluates the actual value with the forecast or previous value and, if a difference value is reached, it opens a market order.
Economic data is released regularly: Jobless Claims are released every week, while Non Farm Payrolls are released every month. The EA correctly applies the stored strategy settings to the appropriate economic data. Strategies can be combined.
Both forexfactory.com and mt4.numerika.ru allow to store data as "full" and "custom" calendars. Data from mt4.numerika.ru has two additional calendars: "conservative" and "popular". The conservative calendar includes economic data which usually brings in a profit. Such economic data is marked with a green flag on the http://mt4.numerika.ru site. The popular calendar includes economic data voted by users on the http://mt4.numerika.ru page. To vote for or against a piece of economic data, click green or red arrows that appear when you hover your mouse over the economic data.
Testing the Expert Advisor
The EA automatically downloads calendars only in live mode. To test this EA, you need to put calendar files for the testing period to the common terminal folder.
You can have a quick test without calendar files, too. To do this, set "demo_calendar" for "test_mode". Start your test with visualization to see the EA do its job and decide whether it is what you are looking for. Keep in mind that results for this kind of test should be discarded because the "demo calendar" issues random order commands.
Check this simple instruction at this link to test this EA using real calendars.
- comment_length – length of comment used to distinguish linked orders. If the EA cannot set comments, try to decrease this value.
- currencies – working currencies: AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, GBP, JPY, NOK, NZD, SEK, USD. The EA can trade all currencies from one chart. If you attach the EA to multiple charts, change this parameter so that the EA does not duplicate the orders.
- draw_all – draws events of the current week on the chart. Enable to allow the EA to draw events on all open charts.
- magic – magic number.
- offset – hours to offset the calendar time. It may coincide with the local GMT value.
- slippage – slippage.
- test_mode - use "demo_calendar" for testing purposes if you do not have calendar files. Results for this kind of test should be discarded because demo calendar issues random order commands.
- test_release - indicate particular release names (comma-separated) to test these news only. Other releases are skipped during the test. At the end of the test, the EA will output additional information on all trades in the logs.
- levels_follow_price – allow moving target levels of Stop Loss and Take Profit when pending orders are moved.
- timeout – number of seconds to get a new version of the calendar.
- usd_symbol – currency pair for trading the USA news: EURUSD, GBPUSD or USDJPY.
- zero – distance from Open price in points after which the EA places the stop loss at the Open price. Activate the button "zero" on the chart for this function to work. It may be useful if there is an open order but no strong movements.
- zero_auto - number of minutes after a trade has triggered. When this time elapses, the EA tries to set a stop loss along the open price line. The EA checks the zero property value for this. Set to 0 to switch zero_auto off.
Attention! Default strategy settings may be used for automatic news trading. However, additional customization of strategies may be required to successfully trade based on the news data.
2. A new property "test_release" allows to test only particular news releases. Specify the news, separated by commas. At the end of the test, the EA prints additional information on each trade in the logs, including the duration.
3. A new indicator "h" added, which shows whether there is a trading history available for each news release.
4. Updated the default trading settings. To apply the new default trading settings, click "reset all" in the panel of any news release.
2. Updated settings of default strategies. To apply the new default strategy settings, click the Reset All on the panel of any news.
3. Added the automatic triggering of the zero function. If a deal does not become profitable (that is, its trailing has not been activated), the EA tries to set a stop loss using the "zero" parameter, 30 minutes after the order was opened. The "zero_auto" parameter allows you to set how much time should pass for the automatic zero function to be activated (30 minutes is the default value). Set zero_auto=0 to disable it. Click the button with two arrows in the top left corner to see how much time is left till the automatic zero function executes. The zero button in the chart functions as before and is not related to the automatic activation of the "zero" function.
4. Fixed the history view.
5. Fixed the prevention of opening a repeated deal for the same news release.