MyFractalTrader is a advanced EA that trades fractals / support and resistance breakouts.
Its algorithm is to filter and find the most important levels and trade them with pending orders. Orders are always protected with a stoploss and the EA is FIFO compatible.
It has a lot of smart and advanced functions like adaptive trailing, automatic chart price correction (some brokers have wrong price on chart), virtual stoploss , slow executions filter, adapt orders on slippage, slippage and execution times statistics and more.
Default settings trades EURUSD H1 and requires ECN broker. It has been tested on various live broker accounts with positive results. We can help you with broker recommendations.
- Test the EA with minimal risk before using it with default or high risk
- ECN broker with low spread, small commission and high quality executions
- VPS close to your broker for better fill prices and faster execution times
- Order comments
- Magicnumber - -1=autogenerate
- Maximum avg spread allowed - 0=any
- Chart price offset - correct the chart price. -1=disable, 0=auto, x=manual
- Trade direction - choose trade direction
- Stealth orders - hide sl/tp from broker, you can also use this if your broker has min stop limitations
- Adapt order on spread change - if avg spread change with this many points it will update order settings
- Adapt order on slippage - adapt order settings to slippage on market entry
- Stoploss - 0=disable
- Takeprofit - 0=disable
- Breakeven - put order to breakeven after this many points. 0=disable
- Breakeven to - breakeven locks in this many points in profit. 0=disable
- Trailing start - start trailing after x points
- Trailing distance - distance of trailing stop (0=disable)
- Trailing step - trailing jumps this many points
- Trailing motion length - length in ticks of the motion calculation. 0=disable
- Trailing motion factor - rubber effect strength factor
- Trailing delay action - makes a delay when its time to move the stop". 0=disable
- Bars per side of fractal - how many bars should determine a valid fractal. Standard fractal contains five bars (middle bar plus two per side)
- Search fractal from bar - start looking for fractals from this bar in history
- Fractal price offset - shift fractal prices by points. positive value increases price, negative value decreases price
- Maximum orders per side - maximum number of buystop and sellstop orders on chart. 0=no limit
- Minimum order to order distance
- Buystop distance - create order if price is this many points to upper valid fractal
- Sellstop distance - create order if price is this many points to lower valid fractal
- Buystop expire - delete buystop after this many minutes
- Sellstop expire - delete sellstop after this many minutes
- Trend strength filter - 0=disable, 100=max
- Round number minimum distance - do not place order if the order price is this many points near a round numbers. 0=disable
- Close if negative slippage - closes market order if entry from pending to market results in a slippage greater than this many points. 0=disable
- Pause on slow execution for minutes - if it makes two order operations in 2x greater than the average execution time it pauses EA for this many minutes. 0=disable
- TickRsi period - Nr of ticks to calculate tick rsi. 0=disable
- TickRsi close level - if tick rsi falls under this value it closes the order. example 20
- Broker to GMT offset hours - you can see the calculated GMT time in the "expert" tab after initializing expert
- Filter events - The news filter is only enabled on high impact news that contains a string match in the event name. "Unemployment" will only filter if the event contains this string. If it does it will close all pending orders 10 minutes before event and re-open 20 minutes after. Leave empty to disable news filter
- Lots method - choose lots calculation method
- Lots value - lots size or percentage depending on what Lots_method you have chosen
- Time type
- Daily start hour
- Daily stop hour
- Monday start hour
- Friday close hour
- added News filter - disabled as default. Will only filter on high impact/red news if string match is found in event title (customers request)
- added TickRsi close filter, it can be used as as a second dynamic virtual stoploss
- EA is now adding average spread to order settings and money management
- Adapt order on spread change - Replaces order with new one with current market conditions if spread average changes with inputed points or more. 0=disable
- If deviation of spread differs more than 1pip than the ordersettings uses, it will delete order due "not consistent with market condition". and create new one with current conditions. (always enabled)
- Adapt order on slippage - If slippage occurs on market order greater or equal to inputed points EA will correct its stoploss and takeprofit, 0=disable
- Time type - choose from Broker, Local time when setting up trade times
- Trade times, if not tradetimes, all pending orders are deleted. active market orders will stay untouched but can be deleted on fridays with friday close time so no orders are pending or open during weekends.
- More new and more detailed operation messages including executino times and slippages of every operation in "Expert" tab
- Added visual fractals where the custom fractals are
- Added pricetag on the stoporders
- Added fractalprice offsets due user requests
- Bug fix - Spread filter will not remove market orders
- Bug fix - It will now show pending to market entry slippages properly
- Bug fix - It will now calculate the Risk properly (with spread included)
- Bug fix - Trailing delay = 0 will now disable this function properly
- Bug fix - Slow execution filter works and pauses expert for inputed minutes properly
- New Default settings. Trading less but the bigger and more important price levels with half the old size stoploss. This improves Risk vs Reward with over 100%! Price have to travel less than half into profit vs before to make eaven more profit
Note. Alot of the new functions and improvments wont work on Demo or Strategytester becase there is no slippage or change of spread
- Trailing motion length - how many ticks it should calculate the motion (0=disable)
- Trailing motion factor - how big the continuation motion effect should be
- Trailing delay action - delays trailing when its normally time to move sl
- auto chart offset bug corrected - may increase results significantly
- slow execution filter bug corrected - off as default
- buy/sell section removed to reduce settings. You can still use different settings for buy and sell by adding EA to two charts and enable only buy on one and sell on the other.
- new default settings. we have changed settings slightly so trades have more room to play out.
- added slippage statistics on chart - the EA will automatically show positive, negative, total points slipped, average points slipped. It records the slippages when pending orders become market orders, stop loss and target are hit or when orders are closed in other ways.
- added slippage messages in the expert folder
- added execution times message in the expert folder
- added slow execution filter - closes and stops the EA for 10 minutes if the broker execution time is a bit above average
- added new directional filter - always enabled
- built in price filter - always enabled and removed from settings
- built in recent order price filter - always enabled and removed from settings
- built in fractal count - will automatically count number of historical fractals depending on you maximum order count per side setting
- stealth orders bug fix - it works better and is more accurate. Recommended to use if your broker has min stop level greater than 10 points
- pivot filter bug fix and now has its own distance setting
- level filter bug fix and now has its own distance setting
- prioritised market orders - if buy or sell order is active, the EA will only focus on handling them within the first 10 minutes from there open time
- new section for trade settings
- new section for fractal settings
- little bit fewer signals but better results overall
- strategy tester now runs faster than before
- new orderclose function, if busyerror retries for 5 seconds or moves to next process, shows executiontime in expert tab.
- stealthmode - added SL/TP security. Fixed tp bug. Properly checks all orders.
- if breakeven is used, trailing will only start after breakeven has triggered.
- added more info on screen.