The Martinos EA is based on the classical Martingale strategy. Some original updates allow to reduce risks and increase profitability. It does not use any indicators and does not try to predict a price direction. It works well on EURJPY, NZDUSD, EURUSD, EURCAD but technically can be applied to any instrument (minimum spread and maximum volatility are desired). Very good results were on XAUUSD.
Trading volume of the first rate can both be fixed or dynamically calculated. The first rate direction can also be set in parameters or calculated automatically.
Maximum risk of rates series must be limited (as % of deposit) from 5% to 100% (if set to 100% you risk to lose your entire deposit).
Default parameters are set for EURJPY and six digits broker. Adjust 5 main parameters using the strategy tester if you wish to use other pairs or brokers with more/less digits. We recommend their regular updating as behavior of the pair on the market permanently changes. We also recommend using a period of 2-3 weeks when you are choosing the best parameters. Give preference to parameters with a reasonable drawdown level (no greater than 30-40%) and not to those which have the largest profitability. We recommend setting the same drawdown level in PML.
You can use the EA on several pairs and on one account at the same time. But mind reserves of funds on your account, as all pairs can have drawdown at the same time and you will lose your deposit. Each pair requires its own input parameters. As the EA works on several pairs at a time (select weakly correlated instruments), balance growth chart becomes smoother (to reiterate, you should have enough deposit).
- Start — direction of the first rate when the EA is launched (SELL, BUY or Auto).
- TP size — take profit in points (cannot be less than a spread when the EA is launched).
- SL size — stop loss in points (cannot be less than a spread when the EA is launched).
- LFP — Level of Fixing of a Profit. Percentage level of passing a distance from the order open price to TP, after which Trailing Stop of the current order starts (form 30% to 100%). No trailing if set to 100%.
- PML — Percent of the Maximum Loss. Percent (of the balance) of the maximum loss in the orders series. When this value is reached, the series is set to zero and losses are written off as nonreturnable (from 5% to 100%).
- CoM — Coefficient of a Martingale. Coefficient of each subsequent rate increase. (Recommended values are from 2 to 3, but you can also use values from 1 to 10).
- LOT — size of the first rate in the series in lots. You can set a permanent rate, or you can set zero. In this case the lot will be calculated automatically via formula: LOT=Balance/CAL.
- CAL — coefficient of balance division to determine the first rate size (if LOT is zero). If LOT>0, this parameter is ignored.
- Magic — magic number to identify orders.
As the EA uses Martingale method (which is quite risky by itself), it is important to calculate resources and set LOT and CAL parameters assuming amount of money available on your account. Do not try to earn fast and make a killing. You might succeed in it, but it is highly likely you will lose your deposit rapidly. For such accounts as PRO and ECN we recommend having at least $1000 on your account with a leverage 500 and following values of parameters: LOT=0; CAL=100000; PML=35. This parameters provide better chances to save your money than to increase you capital. But even in this case 100% security cannot be guaranteed.