Prototype Smart Hedge
The goal of the strategy is the retention of the balance curve from drawdown. Uses the engine of the Prototype-2 Expert Advisor with the addition of "smart hedge". The EA passes the test on 16-year history, proven to work on real accounts. The default settings are for EURUSD M15.
Real account monitoring: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/91577
Differences of Prototype Smart Hedge from Prototype-2:
|Оptions||Differences between "Prototype-2 Smart Hedge" from "Prototype-2"|
|Closing||Negative orders are partially closed, or covered by a hedging order|
|Use SL и TP||SL and TP are not used, positions are closed with market|
|Parameter MaxOrders limit open orders||There is no option MaxOrders|
|Testing and optimization||Requires Every Tick instead of the Open Prices|
- Accurate test results are obtained only on All Ticks (as opposed to Prototype-2 where you can use the Opening Price)
- For settings, you can use Prototype-2 simulation ticks on Open Price (for this you need to set MaxOpenOrders 100, StopLoss 500)
- The Expert Advisor does not use SL and TP, positions are closed by market, so keep the terminal in a fully serviceable condition.
- The code provides backup of files in which the variables used in the program are stored. In case of terminal failure, trading will continue from the same place automatically.
- Opens and close multiple orders, so connect to your account the Rebate service to return a part of the spread of a closed order.
What is "Smart Hedge"
The restraint system of the balance curve from drawdown. Depending on the strength of hedging (parameter HedgeForce), the system controls position closing and sets an opposite order in the event of drawdown. The system controls that open orders do not exceed the limit, and if possible closes unnecessary orders.
- Risk=70 — Risk value. Values from 0.1 to 100.
- ProfitFactor=6 — Profit ratio. It is used for the calculation of the profit amount. Recommended values – from 0.1 to 25.
- FirstOrderIndicator=31 — Order opening indicator. The higher the value, the rarely orders are opened. Recommended values – from 10 to 70.
- LimitLotPersent=1 — The limiter of lot opening in the percentage of the Deposit. Recommended values – from 0.5 to 2.
- LimitDayPrice=70 — Trade restrictions based on the movement of a currency for one day. Recommended values – from 50 to 170.
- AutoGMT=true — Calculation of difference between GMT and server time using the terminal function.
- ManualGMTOffset=2 — Setting the difference between the terminal time and GMT (used for testing with any value of AutoGMT and in real trading with AutoGMT = false).
- RememberClosingLots=true — Remember lots closed. Recommended values = true.
- RememberClosingProfit=true — Remember the closed profit (loss). Recommended values = true.
- CloseEndofWeek — Close orders at the end of the week. Recommended values = true.
- StepLots=4 — The minimum distance between the orders. Recommended values – from 1 to 30.
- HedgeForce=15 — Hedge power coefficient. The maximum number of hedging lots = HedgeForce * MaxLot. Recommended 1-20.
- Slippage=10 — Acceptable slippage.
- MagicNumber=3251 — Unique order number.
- AutoLot — The automatic money management. Auto recommended.
- ManualLot — If AutoLot is False, set Manual Lot.
- ManualProfit — If AutoLot is False, set Manual needed profit.
- ResetFiles — Reseting Expert Advisor memory.
2. By default ManualGMTOffcet = 3. Due to DST settings.
3. Fixed the "jumping" GMTOfset on some servers