Long Grid is a fully automatic grid trading advisor that only opens long trades. The entry into the trade occurs at the moment of a trend reversal, or with a strong bullish impulse. The basis for determining the reversal are the author's indicators based on Bollinger bands and moving averages. If the price moves in the opposite direction of the trade, the trade will be controlled by the grid system. It is recommended to install the adviser on proven instruments that tend to grow in the long term, for example, cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Etherium) and stock indices (for example, S&P 500).
Even in the event of a drawdown on the instrument, in the long run, the price will tend to grow, which will contribute to closing deals in the grid. Entry at the time of the trend change to bullish will not allow buying at inflated prices.
The EA has a built-in volume calculation algorithm based on your balance with the ability to open trades with a volume that does not exceed the volume of your deposit in order to avoid liquidation at the time of strong drawdowns. Or the volume multiplying your balance by the multiplier parameter.
Please note that the adviser's strategy is for the long term and long drawdowns are possible.
Benefits and features
- Fully automated and does not require extra attention.
- Suitable for working with any brokers.
- Minimum recommended deposit is $ 1000. (Works on cent accounts).
- There is a function to automatically calculate the volume based on the size of the deposit.
- A simple mechanism for managing risk by changing the parameters for calculating the volume and the grid multiplier.
- Uses virtual Stop Loss and Take Profit, which your broker will not be able to see.
- Take Profit and Grid Step parameters should be specified for 5 digits, if necessary, the expert advisor will recalculate for other cases.
- For stable operation, the use of VPS is recommended.
- Recommended timeframe M15
- Standard settings for BTCUSD. The discussion section contains presets for other instruments. It is recommended to use the default settings.
- When working with cryptocurrency, a broker with a small spread and commissions is desirable.
Oscillator 1 Period – The number of bars to calculate the first indicator.
Oscillator 2 Period – The number of bars to calculate the second indicator.
Oscillator Deviation – Indicator deviation rate.
Growth Percentage – Percentage of price change for opening a deal. Format 0.01
Take Profit – Distance for profit taking.
Grid Step – The distance that the price must go to open the next order in the grid.
Number of Trades in Grid.
Gap Recognition – Switch of the gap recognition module, in case of strong gaps, the volume of the next trade in the grid will be recalculated to completely cover losses from previous ones. (Recommended true)
Autolot - Switch Automatically determine the volume of trades, if set to True, the volume will be calculated automatically, so that the total volume of trades does not exceed the size of the deposit multiplied by the multiplier parameter.
Fix Lot - Fixed volume in lots.
Multiplier – The coefficient by which the deposit will be multiplied to calculate the volume (if Autolot = true). It is not recommended to set a value greater than 1.5.
Volume accuracy - accuracy of volume, decimal places
MagicNumber – Advisor’s magic number.