CTrader Copier MT5
Two quick answers for frequently asked questions:
1. If it's your first time to buy at MetaQuotes Market and don't know how/where to install your purchased EA, please follow MetaQuotes official guide here.
If MT5 trade symbol name is different with cTrader's, please set 'Symbol Map List' variable at MT5 signal EA as explained at below instructions.
2. MetaQuotes Market demo *cannot* be used for utility/copier evaluation. If you're looking for evaluation, please find the demo copy and cTrader cBot copier user guide and download link from this link.
This trade copier for 'MT4/MT5 -> cTrader' consists of two parts:
- Trade signal transmit utility EA as you purchased here.
- Trade cBot copier at cTrader
PS. This copy suite supports 'hedging' accounts only.
> For cTrader, please follow the above mentioned blog link to install.
> For MT5 side, open any chart and attach this MT5 trade signal transmit utility EA. It will start scanning any new order entry/exit. Please ONLY open ONE chart to attach.
Below are the variable explanations:
1. Symbol map list - if cTrader's instrument name is different with MetaTrader's, please input as below format (MT5's symbol name first, comma, then cTrader's)
if two pairs,
2. Lot multiplier list - if you want to multiply the lot value to cTrader, for instance, input
If simply input
All trade lots at MT5 will be multiplied by 5.
3. Order magic number list - you could assign specific magic number for trade signalling.
For multiple magic, separate each with comma.
For instance, 3413434,1343292
Default is a blank string, i.e. applying on all trades.
4. Applicable symbol list - you could restrict to specific symbol/instruments. Separate each with comma, e.g. EURUSD,XAUUSD,USOIL
Default is a blank string, i.e. applying on all symbols.
5. Applicable comment list - you could restrict to specific order comment. Separate each with comma.
6. Reverse trade - if setting true, it will reverse the trade signal to cTrader.
For instance, a LONG trade will be signalled as a SHORT trade.
7. Session time - default is from 00:00-24:00
8. Alert and panel settings - that should be self explanatory.
9. If you have two more MT5 inside one computer to send trade signals to cTrader(s), you could set 'Copy group id string' variable (e.g. ABCD, LONDON, INST) at MT5 signal EA. At cTrader side, set the same string texts at cTrader Copier's 'Copy group id string' as well. Then this MT5 and cTrader will become a specific copy pair.
10. Enable partial close signals - default is true. Partial close signal will be sent to cTrader copier. Partial close feature is only applicable if 'FOLLOW' or 'EQUITY-TO-EQUITY' mode is selected at cTrader copier bot side. If you don't want the partial close signal feature, please disable 'Enable partial close signals' option at MT5 signal EA side.
11. Three variables/features for Stop/Limit order and TP/SL copy - ALL THREE VARIABLES are DISABLED by default.
(a) Copy Limit/Stop orders
(b) Copy TP/SL distances -
Please note this is to copy TP/SL distances at MT5 order to cTrader (other than the exact TP/SL prices).
cTrader copier will re-calculate TP/SL prices based on the copied distance.
As cTrader has different market price with MT5, the actual order open price won't be the same.
If copying the exact MT5 TP/SL prices to cTrader, that cTrade copied order won't have equal TP/SL distances.
(c) No close signals if that dealt order has closed by TP/SL -
This feature only works if 'Copy TP/SL distances' feature is enabled.
If this variable is enabled, MT5 signal EA won't pass the order close signal to cTrade copier bot if that order is closed by hitting its TP/SL price.
That is to avoid if MT5 order close event is raised earlier than cTrader's.
As TP/SL is copied, cTrader copied order should have its own close event.
The current copier scheme is only to copy when that MT5 order entry/exit get 'fulfilled'.
MT5 market prices is different with cTrader brokers.
If limit/stop order or TP/SL prices are copied, that will result in different life cycle of an order.
As such, only to copy order entry/exit 'fulfilled' event is the best approach to ensure both side orders have the identical life cycle.
If you have specific needs to copy limit/stop order or TP/SL, you could enable above features to have a try.
MT4 version can be found here.
Author also designs below cross-platform copiers if you're interested
1. TradingView Alerts to NinjaTrader
2. TradingView Alerts to MT4
3. TradingView Alerts to MT5
4. TradingView Alerts to cTrader
5. MT4 to cTrader
6. MT5 to cTrader
7. cTrader to MT4
8. cTrader to MT5
9. MT4 to NinjaTrader
10. MT5 to NinjaTrader
11. NinjaTrader to MT4
12. NinjaTrader to MT5
13. Telegram to NinjaTrader
14. Telegram to MT4/MT5