Hello, dear traders!
I present you a brand new development in the field of automatic trading – Regression Force EA which trades inside a channel of mathematical regression. Regression channel adapts to changing market much better and faster than Bollinger bands or any other channel based on moving averages.
- it is perfectly adapted to actual market
- it is not a martingale or a pips EA
- it does not suffer from spread or execution speed dependence
- it can work with almost any deposit
There are two regression channels used in the EA (with smaller and bigger periods). The first is used to determine the best entry points and levels of take profit and stop loss. The second channel determines the global trend direction.
Period and degree are the most important parameters of regression channel. Let’s speak about the second one.
Generally, degree of regression can be of any value, but we will consider degrees from 0 to 3 (see the first screenshot) because these cases have a definite economic substance.
Regression of null degree shows total borders of price moving. This case is of least interest for us.
Regression of the first degree (linear) shows trend direction.
Regression of the second degree (quadrate) shows a tendency to change the price direction.
Regression of the third degree (cubic) represents a market wave.
I recommend that you use regression channels of the 1st or 2nd degree while using the EA because they give the most relevant information about the price direction.
Targets of opened trades are dynamic and depend on width of regression channel.
The EA opens trades only in the direction of the global trend. The signals are filtered by two moving averages to prevent opening against current price direction.
- Lot_Size – lot size at Auto_MM = false
- Risk_Percent – risk value at Auto_MM = true
- Auto_MM – enable automatic calculation of lot size
- degree – the degree of fast regression (1 - 2)
- kstd – coefficient of width of fast regression channel
- bars – the period of fast regression (12 - 120)
- degree – the degree of slow regression (1 - 2)
- kstd – coefficient of width of slow regression channel
- bars – the period of slow regression (120 - 960)
- m1 – the period of fast filtering MA (3 - 12)
- mc – the period of slow filtering МА (24 - 240)
- ControlMATg – minimal inclination of slow MA, at which trend direction is detected (1 - 5)
- StopLoss – stop loss value measured in width of fast regression channel (1 - 3)
- TakeProfit – take profit value measured in width of fast regression channel (0.2 - 1)
- TrailingStop – trailing stop value in points (10 – 50 for 4-digit quotes)
- dist – minimal distance between opened trades (10 – 50 for 4-digit quotes)
- Slippage – the maximum slippage
- magic – the unique number which the EA assigns to its orders
Regression Force EA is developed for trading with any currencies having big volatility at timeframes from M5 to H1.
There is no necessity to change the magic number if you trade several instruments simultaneously. You need to set different magic numbers if you trade one instrument at different timeframes.
You may carry out optimization if necessary. Recommended range of parameters for optimization is specified in brackets near their description. You have to choose period and step of optimization on your own relying on performance of your PC.