- Reviews (2)
- Comments (6)
- What's new
Smart Ruler MT5
The tool is designed to measure the distance between two points on the chart and much more.
Measured value list:
- Distance in points
- Profit (with and without spread)
- Time difference
- Percentage change in price
- Tilt angle
- Number of bars
- Number of bullish bars
- The sum of points of bullish bars
- Number of bearish bars
- Sum of points of bearish bars
- The ratio of the distance in points to the reference value
- Magnetizing to OHLC prices
- Automatically set a color profile based on the background color of the chart
- Different types of pointers to choose from
- Displaying the values of points selected on the chart
- Different types of display of the measurement area
- Double click and key control
- Flexible setting of fonts and colors
- Setting transparency graphics
- Invisible mode (when idle, the indicator does not display anything on the screen)
How to use it:
- Put the indicator into measurement mode. There are three ways how to do it: clicking the button, double-clicking the left mouse button on the chart, pressing the corresponding key.
- Set the first point by clicking the left mouse button in the desired place on the chart.
- Set the second point. The meter window will display the values selected in the input parameters. You can display the measurement results in the "Experts" tab by pressing the corresponding key.
Please do not download the demo version of this product. It does not work correctly in the strategy tester. Use the free version of Smart Ruler MT5 Demo to evaluate product features
Description of input parameters
|Parameter ||By default ||Description |
| Title ||"Ruler" || Indicator title. Displayed on the measurement start button. When using multiple indicators "Smart Ruler" on one chart must be unique. |
|Stealth mode||false||Invisible mode, the button is not displayed. To start the measurement, you need to use a double click or keys.|
| Automatic color || true || Automatic setting of the color profile based on the background color of the chart. If you want to customize the colors yourself, set this parameter to false. |
|Parameter ||By default ||Description|
| Magnet mode || OHLC || Magnetizing mode to OHLC prices. |
| Magnet radius, px || 10 || The cursor must be no further than the specified value in pixels from the price (OHLC) for magnetizing to occur. |
| View of pointer || Cross || Pointer view (crosshair or arrow) |
| Pointer color || Yellow || Pointer color |
| Arrow code || 108 || Arrow code (if the pointer is an arrow), the allowed values can be found in the Wingdings table |
| Arrow size || 8 || Arrow size (if arrow is selected) |
| Pointer line style || Dot || Pointer line style (if pointer selected is crosshair) |
| View of range || Rectangle || Measurement range view - rectangular area formed by the diagonal from (T1, P1) to (T2, P2). Can be displayed as a rectangle or diagonal line with or without projections |
| Range color || DarkOliveGreen || The color of the lines or fill of the rectangle indicating the measurement range |
| Range line style || Dot || Line style if "line" or "line with projections" range view is selected |
Appearance settings for button, meter window and control keys are intuitive and do not need a description.
Display of measured values is switched on by setting their position in the meter window (from 1 to 16). When setting the same position values, the values will be displayed in the order in which they appear in the input parameters.
Note 1. When you enable the option to use the spread, the current spread is used to calculate the profit.
Note 2. The horizontal deviation is more a symbolic value. It is calculated as a = arctan(dpp/(k*len)), where dpp is the distance in points, len is the number of bars (including outside bars), k is the coefficient of the time scale (parameter Angle coeff). The coefficient is chosen for every price and time scale individually.
2. Added keyboard controls: start measurement, cancel, change the lot size for calculating the "Profit" parameter, output the measurement results to the "Experts" tab.
3. Ability to work in the "invisible" mode, when there are no graphical objects on the graph in the idle state, enter the measurement mode by double-clicking or pressing a hotkey.
4. A prefix for the name of graphical objects has been introduced, which allows launching several indicators with different "Title" values on one chart.
5. Added parameters: percentage change in price, number of bullish bars, number of bearish bars, and others.
6. Improved algorithm magnet to the prices on the chart.
7. Added the ability to edit parameter names.