ID Trends of Gaps
Shows gaps and/or different types of indents from them on a chart.
The colors of the lines differ depending on the direction of the price gaps between bars/candlesticks.
There are additional options for showing non-standard gaps and showing price gaps rounded to the desired number of decimal places (for example, when working with 5-digit quotes). Due to rounded values, the indicator lines are correspondingly changed.
The analyzer settings are very flexible, and visualization allows you to:
- facilitate the development and/or the use of different individual strategies and tactics with gaps;
- timely stop using the strategies that may at first glance seem enticing, being obviously unprofitable;
- see what can be indistinguishable with the usual view of charts or too time-consuming when calculated manually.
The attached screenshots show only a small part of the possible ways the indicator displays indents from price gaps.
1 Indicator data are automatically updated when a new bar/candlestick appears.
Depending on the settings, during the first use of the indicator on the chart, when changing its properties, changing the chart period or character, ID Trends of Gaps may take some time to analyze the graph, to make calculations and visualize data.
2. Basic properties of the indicator (no description of its properties for lines and displayed text):
|Property Name||Brief description|
|Variants of gaps||Show:
|Number of date (>= -1)
||The number of days, weeks or months, depending on the chart timeframe, for which the indicator will analyze the presence of gaps on the chart up to the current day. An integer value.
|Show "Help" for "Number of date"
||true - show help with the list of default time periods.
|Size of gap with (>= 1)
||The minimum gap size (in points). The indicator will not calculate for gaps below this value.
||Selecting the number of decimal places. Default = "current chart" (according to the chart).
If you select a value other than current chart, then when switching chart period (or changing its symbol), the indicator will warn you by an alert signal.
|Show statistics for lines of gaps||true - show the number of gaps, both closed and not closed by the price, in the indicator table. This option works if "Show gaps" = "lines".|
The analyzer does not show the number of lines of indents from gaps.
||Shift in points from the gap marks. An integer value.|
|Variants of indents||Indent display options.|
|Type indentation from "Gap Up"||Types of indents from upward gaps.|
|Type indentation from "Gap Down"
||type of indents from downward gaps.
|Show vertical line
||true - show the vertical line on the bar/candlestick, starting from which the indicator analyzes the chart.
3. If the "Number of date" parameter is set not to -1, but to a number larger than the default one, then during the first data processing with the enabled display of trend lines, terminal operation can be slowed down for some time.
If Number of date is not equal to -1, then when switching chart period (or changing its symbol), the indicator will use values like if "Number of date" = -1.
- To facilitate the visual analysis over a long period, and taking into account the high speed of data forming in the tester, the indicator lines and icons are formed accumulatively, irrespective of the period specified in the settings.
- To adjust the indicator values to match the time period specified in parameters, open its properties and modify anything there, or just click "Ok".
Good luck in trading!