Parabolic SAR test
The resulting parameters can be used to set the Statistic Trader Expert Advisor - the main product whose strategy is based on two concepts - event probability and money management.
Testing and optimization of Parabolic SAR test will allow a trader to determine:
- what values of stop level increment (step) and maximum stop level (maximum) for Parabolic SAR would be optimal for a given currency pair
- what Take Profit and Stop Loss values and what time frame would be optimal for a given currency pair
- how many losing trades it would be reasonable to skip before opening a real trade
Signals for Position Opening:
When the price crosses Parabolic SAR in an upward direction, it is a signal for opening a buy position (LONG). When the price crosses Parabolic SAR in a downward direction, it is a signal for opening a sell position (SHORT). Positions are closed by Take Profit or Stop Loss.
Parameters of the Expert Advisor:
- Lots = 1 (lot size)
- TakeProfit = 700 (Take Profit in points)
- StopLoss = 350 (Stop Loss in points)
- ParabolicTF=60 (indicator chart time frame)
- ParabolicStep=0.02 (stop level increment for Parabolic SAR)
- ParabolicMaximum=0.2 (maximum stop level for Parabolic SAR)