London Beat MT5
London Beat is a powerful tool for automated scalping in the Forex market. The product is a result of investment of a lot of time and effort. It combines all my knowledge in algorithmic trading. The Expert Advisor was initially created for the MetaTrader 5 trading platform, while the new functionality of the platform allowed to thoroughly optimize parameters using hundreds of computing cores. The algorithm was tested with different trading conditions using real quotes in the "Every tick based on real ticks" mode with the 100% quality of history data. During testing, delays from 100 to 1000 ms and floating spreads were used. After that the EA code was fully transferred to MetaTrader 4, which allowed to test the algorithm on different quotes with the modeling quality of 99% and a fixed spread.
MetaTrader 4 version of the Expert Advisor: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/31208
The screenshot shows testing from 2017.09.01. My broker has recently started to offer ECN accounts for MetaTrader 5. After that spread was improved.
The strategy is based on the volume, rate of change of ticks, overbought and oversold levels. The levels are determined using oscillators: MACD, Stochastic, Momentum, RSI. When the price is in this zone, the algorithm uses the tick volume analysis to find Up-Thrust (VSA reversal setup). Then the EA measures the number of ticks per second, which is equal to the given number of ticks divided by time. A position is opened based on the aggregate of this information. This position is protected by a stop loss and is accompanied by a trailing stop. The EA does not use martingale or order grids.
- Timeframe: M1.
- Currency pairs: EURUSD.
- I recommend using a VPS server with minimal network delays and an ECN broker with low spreads and small commissions.
- The EA is very sensitive to and depends from spread and slippage, therefore you should carefully choose a broker for trading using this product.
- Input parameters for Magic Buy and Magic Sell must be different.
- Execution Order Type - order execution type:
- ORDER_FILLING_FOK - means that an order can be executed only for the specified volume.
- ORDER_FILLING_IOC - an agreement to execute a deal at a volume maximally available in the market within the volume specified in the order.
- ORDER_FILLING_RETURN - after a partial execution, a market or limit order with the remaining volume remains active.
- EA Comment - text for the EA's comment.
- Magic Buy - magic number for Buy orders.
- Magic Sell - magic number for Sell orders.
- Maximum Spread - maximum allowable spread value.
- LOT TYPE - type of money management:
- Fixed Lot - trading the fixed lot.
- Risk % - lot calculation based on the StopLoss value.
- StopLoss - stop loss value in points.
- TrailingStop - trailing stop value.
- TrailingStep - trailing step value.
- Slippage - maximum allowable slippage in points.
- Distance Orders - distance between orders.
- Distance Price - distance from the price.
- Max Ping Server - the maximum ping to the server of your broker.