GRat Martin is an indicator that calculates the lot of the next order based on the results of the previous ones. It allows improving the results of a strategy with a small expected payoff.
- The lot size of the next order increases depending on the number of continuous unprofitable trades up to the current moment. The amount if increase in the lot depends on the cumulative loss in the series.
- The series is interrupted if the last trade profit exceeds the value set in the parameter. The lot size of the next order is defaulted to the lot size of original strategy.
- In order to limit the cumulative loss, the maximum number of trades with lot size increments in a losing series is limited by a parameter value.
- The lot calculation result for the next order is displayed in the upper left corner of the chart as Lots = .., and also stored in the terminal global variable named M[Symbol], where [Symbol] is the symbol of the chart on which the indicator is running. For example, for a EURUSD chart, the variable name will be MEURUSD.
- The frequency of the next order lot calculation is specified in the settings.
- The indicator should be attached to the chart of the symbol, for which it is necessary to calculate the next order lot. Values can be calculated for several symbols, if a separate instance is launched on each chart.
- When opening orders within the original strategy, you should keep a constant ratio of the lot size to the account equity (set in parameters).
- Not tested for partial closure of orders.
- Lots - lot size of an order opened within the original strategy, with the account equity specified in the Equity parameter.
- Equity - the account equity, at which the size of the original strategy order lot is equal to Lots.
- MartinOrderProfit - the value of order profit with the account equity equal to Equity, at which the series of losing trades is interrupted, and the lot size of the next order is defaulted to the lot size of original strategy. It is recommended to set the value approximate to the expected payoff obtained in testing the original strategy with a constant lot in Lots.
- MartinMaxSteps - the maximum number of trades with lot size increments in a losing series. It is recommended to set a value not higher than the maximum number of consecutive losses obtained when testing the original strategy.
- MartinSeconds - the frequency of next order lot calculation.
- Open a demo account in USD, deposit 300 USD, connect to it in the terminal.
- Run the indicator on the EURUSD chart with the default settings. The line Lots = 0.01 should appear in the upper left corner of the chart.
- Open a BUY order with 0.01 lot manually and immediately close it, wait 60 seconds. A line Lots=0.02 should appear in the top left corner of the chart.