Catch A Move
Set the conditions, upon which orders will be made if the price moves a certain amount of pips within certain time span.
- Color Theme - choose one of 4 themes for the panel.
- Zoom - panel size: 6 sizes available.
- Slippage - only applicable for 'Instant Execution'.
- Lot Size
- Take-Profit - optional.
- Reset Time
- Current parameters display.
- Button 'X'(Close) - activate after an order opens.
- In-Panel Form - use to change values of Tolerance, Trigger and Reset Time.
- Arrow-indicators - show the current order type.
- Session On/Off Button.
This robot analyzes price movement and opens orders when the conditions set by the trader are met. There are three parameters that control order opening:
- Trigger: the movement, in full pips, that triggers order opening.
- Tolerance: max price movement opposite way - if the price moves more, the point from which Trigger is calculated is reset to the current price.
- Reset time: in seconds - if an order does not open by the time set by this parameter, the Trigger is reset. Set it to 0 if you want to disable the parameter (not recommended).
Use the In-Panel Form to change these parameters any time.
Example: Trigger = 10, Tolerance = 5, Reset = 120. With these settings, the order would be opened if the price moved 10 or more pips in one direction within 120 seconds. If, during its move, the price reversed by more than 5 pips, the Trigger's starting point would be reset and the movement would be observed the next 120 seconds.
When you have set your parameters up, open a trading session by clicking the On/Off Button. After the last order has been opened and you decided to not make any more orders, just click the button again and no more orders will be made by the robot. If you have changed some parameters in the MetaTrader Inputs panel (F7), the session is turned off, so you have to turn it back on if you want to keep the robot trading.
There may only be one order opened at a time.
You can close the order by clicking the 'X' button.
Moving the panel across the chart window: just double-click the top part of the panel, then click, hold and drag the panel to another place. Double-click the area again to keep the panel in the new position.
If you make any changes to the parameters using the MT Inputs window (F7), the parameters: Trigger, Tolerance and Reset Time will be reset to their initial values. The robot's session will also be turned off.
It is hard to find one set of parameters that would work in all market conditions, therefore the testing in Strategy Tester usually does not show good results.