- Reviews (2)
How it works
Zone Recovery is an advanced hedging system. When the market goes against the first trade (based on Bollinger bands) the EA will open an opposite trade with slightly bigger lot size. If the market keeps moving in this new direction, at some point the profit from the profit trade will overtake the loss trade and will close both the trades otherwise will do the opposite. This back and forth hedging strategy can be continued until the market moves to a level which can give profit.
What makes this strategy different
The "zone" is calculated by ATR rather than a fixed value.
What is ATR
ATR is a common indicator used to calculate the average market movement based on X last bars.
- Max Trades: max trades allowed in a row.
- Lot Moltiplicator: this is the lots moltiplicator for the next trade used for the Zone Recovery. Be careful: higher values increases the risk and could end in gambling trades until your account will blow-up. Keep lower values and a small "Max Trades" numbers to reduce the lots used and the risk involved.
- Profit By Dollars: how many dollars must be gained to close every trades.
- Loss By Dollars: how many dollars can be lost to close every trades.
- Close if Max Trades reached: if enabled, once the Max Trades value has been reached all the trades will be closed.
- BollingerBands Period: the Bollinger Bands indicator period.
- Max Spread: max spread allowed.
- Lots to trade: lot to be traded on first trade. Note: if you use round number as LotMoltiplicator so you can start from 0.01, but if you use values like "1.4" then the minimal lot should start from 0.1 for obvious reasons. Lots cannot be traded to the 3rd digit.
- Max Slippage: max slippage to open the trade.