The Returns Distribution utility delivers you the stats beneath the chart.
- Analyze the historical volatility of an asset.
- Discover the best assets to trade by comparing your assets with one another.
- Understand the asset's risky behavior, fat-tails, and how it compares to a normal distribution.
- Date From - Initial date from which the sample is to be extracted.
- Date To - Final date from which the sample is to be extracted.
- Frequency Unit - Unit of the frequency in the distribution chart (Y-Axis of the chart). In case of Percentage, the sum of all frequencies in the chart (visible and not visible) will result in 100%.
- Returns Unit - Unit of the returns (X-Axis of the chart). Min, Max and Step use Returns Unit. In case of Percentage, the unit is calculated is the percentual change from candle to candle.
- Returns Min - Defines the minimum value to be showed in the distribution chart (X-Axis).
- Returns Max - Defines the maximum value to be showed in the distribution chart (X-Axis).
- Returns Step - Defines the interval value between each bar in the distribution chart (X-Axis). If Min and Max aren't multiple of Step, then they will be automatically adjusted.
- Bar Width - Defines the width in pixels of each bar.
- Show Descriptive Statistics - If set to true, a complementary area with new statistical information will show up, below the distribution chart.
- Color of Values - only affects the Descriptive Statistics
Enjoy and Evolve!