The RiskAlarm determines the margin levels for each instrument during a multi-currency trading. It takes into account all open orders for each of the instruments used.
The margin level can either be specified by user (Margin User), or it can be defined by the preset Margin Call and Stop Out levels. Margin User is set as a percentage of the margin level, similar to Margin Call and Stop Out
The margin level (user selectable in one click) can be represented in
- quotes price (level) of the Margin User, Margin Call ans Stop Out;
- points, remaining until Margin User, Margin Call and Stop Out;
- equity, remaining until Margin User, Margin Call and Stop Out;
- ratio of free margin to Margin User, Margin Call and Stop Out in the deposit currency for each instrument.
Information on the margin levels is displayed as a text in the top right corner of the screen for each instrument. For the current instrument, it can be represented on the chart as a price line (level) of the quotes, with its colors customizable by user. Direction of the Margin User, Margin Call and Stop Out levels (long, short) is defined by the adjustable color of the instrument frame.
When one of the margin levels is reached
- background of the displayed text information changes;
- sound file is played;
- email is sent to the address specified on the Email tab of the options window;
- push notification is sent to the mobile terminals, whose MetaQuotes IDs are specified in the "Notifications" tab.
- only the open orders (Buy Sell) are considered in calculation of levels, pending orders are ignored;
- spreads are not considered in level values;
- method of profit and margin calculation - forex;
- alerts trigger only when the margin level is exceeded (not triggered when reached);
- when there are covered trades on one financial instrument, the instrument information indicates 0.
- during multi-currency trading the margin levels are dynamic (static when trading a single instrument), deviation of levels depends on volatility of the instruments that have open positions.
- Level Margin User - user-defined level (as a percentage of the margin level)
- Choice Method - method to display the margin level:
- PRICE - in quote price
- PIPS - in points
- MONEY - in the deposit currency
- PERCENT - in percents
(display method can be changed by pressing the Method button on the chart)
- Choice Level – selection of the margin level to display
- MarginCall - the MARGIN CALL level
- StopOut - the STOP OUT level
- MarginUser - the MARGIN USER level
(the level for displaying can be changed by pressing the Level button on the chart)
- Line On-true/Off-false – enable visualization of the signal levels for the current instrument on the chart - true, disable- false
- Sound Alarm - sound alert; to enable it specify the path and name of the sound file (*.wav); to disable set NULL
- SendEmail – send email message; to enable, enter the message subject (any text); to disable, set NULL
- SendNotifications – send message to mobile device; to enable, enter the message subject (any text); to disable, set NULL
- Background Color Norm – background color of the instrument information in mode - standard;
- Background Color Margin User – background color of the instrument information in mode - the MARGIN USER level triggered
- Background Color Margin Call - background color of the instrument information in mode - the MARGIN CALL level triggered
- Text Color - text color of the instrument information
- Border Color Long Alarm – frame color of the instrument, which defined the direction of the margin levels for Long positions
- Border Color Short Alarm – frame color of the instrument, which defined the direction of the margin levels for Short positions