MTF Hybrid Forex Robot
Its operation is based on medium-term trend following and scalping strategy. It examines the strength and direction of the trend using several basic indicators, in a smaller and larger timespan. After identifying the trend, it analyses the overbought and oversold state of the given currency pair. It can be used in two modes. In the “BASIC” mode 1 position is allowed per currency pair, or instead, the “HYBRID” mode can be used. In this case, it uses averaging strategy to turn lossmaking positions into profitable ones or to reduce the loss. These positions are not opened every time. You can restrict their number, and the maximum number is 9 for a given traded pair.
If necessary, positions are closed at a loss. For managing risk and profit, I use a numerical and indicator-based “StopLoss” and “TakeProfit” function. The indicator parameters have been incorporated into the program. For optimization, I used historic data from a large time interval, from 1999 to present. It was also tested with data of 90%-99.9% accuracy.
- not use martingale
- not use arbitrage
- not a simple grid strategy
- use averaging method
- I optimized to M15 Chart Period
- fast and low cost ECN account
- low spread - the “spread” value used in the optimization was 7-15 point
- a stable VPS
BASIC mode (Hybrid=false):
- minimum deposit $100
- lot size = 0.01-0.02
HYBRID mode (Hybrid=true):
- minimum deposit $1000
- lot size = 0.01-0.03
- EURUSD - MaxPosition=3
- GBPUSD - MaxPosition=3
- USDJPY - MaxPosition=9
- AUDUSD - MaxPosition=5
VERY IMPORTANT: The “MAGIC” numbers used by the robot are integrated, with a value from 1 to 10.
- ConvertCurrMM=0.00 - if the program is run on an account in a currency other than $, in case of “MMRisk” you can set the conversion rate. In case of a fixed lot, leave it empty.
- Suffix= - if your broker use symbol suffix, please fill into this filed. (example: EURUSD.e, you need to type .e into this field. EURUSD.pro you need to use .pro etc.)
- MaxSpread=30 - you can control the maximum Spread.
- Slippage=3 - you can control the maximum Slippage.
- FiveDigitBroker= true – default is 5 digit broker "true". If you running on 4 digit broker please modify to “false”".
- Hybrid=true - if “true”, the averaging strategy is enabled. If “false”, the “BASIC” strategy is used.
- Fixlot=0.01 - if “MMRisk=0.0”, you can use a fixed lot size.
- MMRisk=0.0 - automatic lots multiplier. Always use strategy testing to check the amount of risk that is acceptable for you! The calculated “lot” size is displayed on the info panel.
- MaxPosition=2 - number of positions allowed. Maximum 9.
- StopLoss and TakeProfit value can be modify.
- MAGIC numbers can be modify (always use different!).
- Can be optimize your Expert Advisor for different currency pairs/timeframe.
- In this version need to set files, some specific indicator parameter is not included to expert advisor
(I'll upload some SET files to my expert advisor comments page!)