MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1568

This is a very simple Ea that trades on the direction of the last bar. Preliminary back tests don't look too bad but some of the programming is kind of rough. Just wondering if there are any programmers who might be interested in taking a look at it and contribute to polishing it up a bit. Seems to...
Has anyone had any good experiences (show profit) with an automatic forex trading system?
[Deleted]
I'm searching and not finding the documentation for all of the errors that are generated. For example, I'm getting an Error: 4109 while running a script to close all orders at one broker and don't get the error running the same script at two other MT4 brokers. Where is there a listing of these...
[Deleted]
Hi there - i am wondering if anyone can help. I am new to MT4 and totally fresh to programming (wouldn't know where to start). I used to use GCI Trading and they have a great feature on the Chart Window. When you enter into a position - the following happens on the Chart screen which makes it VERY...
How to find total number of symbols traded. eg. I am trading buy and sell GBPUSD , EURUSD, EURJPY and USDJPY and I want this to return total of 4 pairs traded. Anyone know
  A real puzzle  (1)
Hi: how to make a indicator without the function Bars? for example:I want to make a indicator (Macd),use the newest 1000 bars, so don't want to use the Bars,and the Indicatorcounted(), could you give me an example? Thanks
[Deleted]
How does the "every tick" method work in the strategy tester? If I have an order like this: price-StopLoss-TakeProfit 1.5000-1.4995-1.5005 and the bar after I place the trade looks like: Low-High 1.4990-1.5010 Does the startegy tester count this as a gain or a loss?
[Deleted]
Is there an example of how to call the AccountProfit function in an indicator anywhere as I can't find it? Yes I am a frustrated NEWBIE ! How can this be so DIFFICULT ?
[Deleted]
Hi all, After months of testing with demo account, I just started my expert in a live account. For my surprise it just started to open orders incorrecty, I guess that the problem is with the history data (it was empty and some of my calculations gave false results). So I decied to alter the option...
if u have got this error via GetLastError() then how you handle it? // (functions of OrderSend(), OrderClose, OrderCloseBy, OrderDelete or OrderModify) // can fail, for a number of reasons, and return either negative ticket number or FALSE. // One can find out about the reason for fail by calling of...
  problem with [i]  (9)
hi in my EA, I try to print my two variables but it's not working: ********************************************************** double m_10 = iMA(NULL, 0, 10, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0); double m_20 = iMA(NULL, 0, 20, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0); for(int i=1;...
[Deleted]
Re: moving average expert advisor sample supplied with mql4 LotsOptimized () is used in OrderSend functions but not defined as to how to calculate LotsOptimized is not in the help dictionary What am I missing? I am not sure why the file compiles without error. Rudy double LotsOptimized() {...
[Deleted]
I tested the COM dlls and the ACTIVEX DLLs,failed! and i am now testing dlls made by the VC++? can sombody tell what kind of DLLs can be imported into the MQL? which IDE shoud i use to make this dlls? thanks
[Deleted]
Hi to all, this is my first topic and post and I'm here because I'm learning. I have a question for the community hoping that you can help me. I've created an EA that when receive signals, should open some position. For example, if I receive a signal of BUY on EUR/USD, my EA should open 3 orders...
  emails from forum  (10)
Hi, I am not receiving any emails either from the forum, i.e. the threads I subscribed to, or the newsletter. Did you disable the feature? Sincerely, Daniel.
[Deleted]
Older than 2008. Where can I find it and are there easy to follow directions for a non programmer? douglasjmorgans@yahoo.com
[Deleted]
Hello, I'v sent data to a file through the following code, int deinit() { //---- int handle; string name = AccountNumber()+Symbol(); handle=FileOpen(name, FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ';'); if(handle>0) { FileWrite(handle, l, s, InitialShort); FileClose(handle); }...
New article Expert Advisors Based on Popular Trading Systems and Alchemy of Trading Robot Optimization (Cont.) is published: In this article the author continues to analyze implementationalgorithms of simplest trading systems and introduces recording ofoptimization results in backtesting into one...
[Deleted]
  Holy grail exists?  (14   1 2)
Hello all, I am a beginner in MQL, but I just have one question to start. Is there such thing as profitable EA, aka Holy Grail ? I am trying to find some motivations before starting to work on it
Hi, Please help me to find out why these codes get "too many opened files" error. ...     for (Counter=0;Counter<OrdersTotal();Counter++)     { OrderSelect(Counter, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);       if (OrderOpenTime()>New_Order_Time)        {...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I'm having trouble with my EA while live testing. I've placed an EA on a demo account for live testing. The thing is that I had to change a couple of things in it while the EA was working and when I compiled it the EA ignored the existing data. For ie I had 5 pending orders and 5 was the...
  Common Expert  (3)
i have a 4 metatrader Platfrom(sample fxdd,fxcm...). i want to common directory (expert,script,indikator ...). How do common directory. example 1. programfiles\fxdd\expert 2. programfiles\fxcm\expert 3. programfiles\interbankfx\expert i wan to a expert path programfiles\commonexpert...
Hello, I am looking for some help to fix an indicator. Basically the problem I have is that the "Fisher" indicator onthe bottom of the attached zip file does not update very well when it is left to run. If you switch to another chart timeframe then go back it updates the Indicator all right. All the...
Hello, Can someone tell me how can I export historical data from Meta Trader 4 to a file? I just need a simple script/function that get a symbol-name, timeframe, start-date, end-date and outputs the data to a new file in some readable format. Thanks
[Deleted]
I know this is a stupid question, but I'm really new at this. I apologize in advance for being dumb. My automatic trading program issued a buy about two hours before the broker closed down for the weekend (at least I think that's what happened). Do I have to keep my computer on all weekend with...
[Deleted]
Can someone tell me how to code for a certain start time for placing orders, but not have stop time for closing. I want to stop out only at profit target, or stop loss, Thanks
[Deleted]
  programmer with a minimum of garantee  (93   1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10)
I have been creating my strategy for quite some time. Now it is time to implement it and the terms of reference are ready. I'm willing to pay for the services of an experienced programmer with minimum guarantees of non-disclosure. It would be very interesting to hear about experiences or ideas forum
  ru translate  (3)
mainLine=iStochastic(0,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,a); prevMainLine=iStochastic(0,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,a+1); signalLine=iStochastic(0,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,a); prevSignalLine=iStochastic(0,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,a+1); if(prevMainLine<prevSignalLine...
[Deleted]
  profitability 43!  (325   1 2 3 4 5 ... 32 33)
Bars in history 617733 Simulated ticks 2576426 Simulation quality 25.00% Chart mismatch errors 0 Initial deposit 1000.00 Net profit 4870996.26 Total profit 4985180.01 Total loss -114183.75 Profitability 43.66 Expectation of winning 530.38 Absolute drawdown 0.00 Maximum drawdown 5919.00 (0.21%)
[Deleted]
Hello, Friends, I accidentally (don't know how) deleted the Alligator indicator and can't figure out how to get it back. Can you help me? Thanks . . . dragonmom