Is autotrading possible with a DC using Metatrader? - page 4

The most disturbing thing is that there are brokerage firms, and they are quite famous, whose rules state that the risk of a server failure is the client's responsibility... Clearly, they have been crying for a long time (somewhere in sunny Magadan...)

Andrei01 >>:

Это уже как запрограммируете на этот случай - вопрос-то был как распознать это событие, а не что делать в этом случае.

Действия могут разные в зависимости от причины - это кстати может не обязательно быть проблема ДЦ, хотя если сможете доказать что это произошло по вине ДЦ, то наверно можно попытаться что-то потребовать.

you can try... to claim no

I've encountered frequent loss of communication with overseas DCs
I'm looking at one now and it's been like this for a few hours

maybe that was the cause of the problem?
if so, then we need to duplicate the connection

sllawa3 >>:
прекращение потока котиров это не самое худшее что происходит на многих дц.. гораздо хуже отключение маркет инфо,что так же не редкость.. когда эксперт не владеет никакой инфой ни о счёте, ни об ордерах и их наличии и количестве..

Well this can be solved by creating a local copy of the data, it would even work faster - no need to constantly scan the same thing. By the way, exchanging data between terminals with another DC may help to keep up to date with quotes.

And I wonder if terminal log is considered as a proof of the submitted command? Or for example to prove that command was sent we should use some external traffic copier? Does anybody know?

sllawa3 >>:

попытаться можно... вытребовать нет

Well it's probably just a matter of proving it. Can't you think of something simple and reliable that will prove that the command was sent from the terminal and the connection was?

I think we should put pressure on the developers of the terminal - it is their direct responsibility to provide the trader with the minimum required evidence that he made the command and there was a connection to the DC server, but the DC ignored it.

The MT developers should logically take care of traders as well, right? Or it is so complicated and the developers don't care about traders, because they get their money from brokerage companies? Although, it is clear that such a thing may kill dishonest brokerage companies and they will lobby their interest to have never such built in terminal proofs, because there are no fools in brokerage companies.

Or maybe we should think of an external program that records all the commands, all the necessary traffic content and analyses the response of the DC server? What's wrong with such a solution? I think many would use or even buy such a thing, as you can lose much more if you play blind with obviously unfair rules (when you can't prove anything later).

By the way, such a solution may be beneficial for honest brokerage companies, which hopefully are many, because it will allow them to show that they work by fair rules, since all key points are documented by independent software.

sllawa3 >>:
больше всего возмущает тот факт,что существуют дц и довольно известные, в регламенте которых на первом месте - риск сбоя работы сервера клиент принимает на себя... явно по таким кайло давно плачет ( где нить в солнечном магадане ...)

As far as I understand, if there is such a program (integrated into the terminal or external) which can officially document everything to be evidence for the court, the problem with such DTs will be solved at the root.

The only surprise is traders' tacit consent to such game rules when there is no documenting at all, although we are talking about money and sometimes not small money.

When a person goes to the shop and buys something he is given a receipt for payment, well, the same logic should be applied here.

Andrei01 >>:

Насколько я понимаю, если будет такая вышеописанная прога (встроенная в терминал или внешняя) которая сможет всё официально задокументировать, чтобы быть доказательством для суда, то проблема с такими ДЦ будет решена на корню.

Немного удивляет лишь молчаливое согласие трейдеров на такие правила игры когда вообще нет никакого документирования, хотя речь идет о деньгах и иногда не малых.

Когда человек пришел в магазин и купил что-то то ему дают квитанцию об оплате, ну дык и тут та же логика должна быть.

I have no experience of serious work with MTs, I only dabbled with small things. The brokerage company sent me an e-mail immediately after each transaction with a confirmation that the transaction passed and all details of the transaction, once a week sent me a weekly report of all transactions on the account and once a month - a monthly report. In other words, the evidence is overwhelming. I don't know if it's a MT feature or if they have their own back office.

The same is done by my "adult" brokers.

We are not talking about evidence of trades that have gone through, but of trades that have not gone through - that were given by the trader to his DC, but were not executed by him. This is a legally punishable action if proven.

Andrei01 >>:
Речь не идёт о доказательствах сделок которые прошли, а о тех которые не прошли - были даны трейдером своему ДЦ, но не были им исполнены. Это юридически наказуемое действие при наличии доказательств.

A deal can fail for many reasons. If there is no confirmation of "passing" a transaction, it does not happen. Just because you gave the command to buy doesn't mean anything.
MT develops a foolish belief in people that they can always buy or sell, and at the price that is displayed on the screen. Click the mouse and it's done. This is not the case in so many cases.

According to the Federal Law "About Securities Market " dated 22.04.96 № 39-FZ

1 Brokerage activity is the activity to perform civil law transactions with securities in the name and at the expense of the client (including the issuer of equity securities at their placement) or in the name and at the expense of the client on the basis of compensation agreements with the client.

2. A broker must execute client orders in good faith and in the order in which they are received. Transactions carried out on behalf of clients shall in all cases be subject to priority execution over the broker's own dealing operations when it combines the activities of a broker and a dealer. If a conflict of interest between the broker and his client, of which the client was not notified before the broker received the respective instruction, has caused the client losses, the broker must compensate them in the manner prescribed by Russian civil law.

The obligations of brokers include: a) communicating to clients all information related to clients' orders and the performance of obligations under a securities purchase and sale agreement, taking reasonable measures to enable the client to understand the nature of the risks under the transaction recommended to the client; b) prohibiting price manipulation in the securities market and forcing the purchase or sale of securities by providing intentionally distorted information about securities, issuers of securities, prices of securities, including in

A broker shall be obliged to personally execute clients' orders In the case of a Client's order, the securities broker, with the exception of cases when the execution of transactions is subcontracted to another broker, if this possibility is stipulated in the contract with the Client or the broker is forced to do it by virtue of circumstances in order to protect the interests of his Client, by notifying the latter.

Source: wiki - Broker.

Reason: