Harmonic Trading - page 464

RyuShin:
It doesn't have to do anything with DiNapoli unless you put them together.

A "late" thank you for your answer RyuShin.

Yes, I noticed wathcing the posts it in these days.......

RyuShin:
Harmonic scalping potential. USDJPY M5. After the US data released, the price went up, that time a bearish pattern (bearish TOTAL became bearish a shark) was formed, the price went down (about 130pips), and that time a bullish butterfly 113 was formed which exactly bounced at 113 fibo, and the price went up. Then korhamonics 121 was formed but the bull killed it. The price kept going up (about 160pips) and then a bearish a butterfly formed. I didn't open position during that time. It just amazes me.

Hi,

Woooo,

So colorful in your chart, what are the Zup versions and indicators that you are using ?!

row:
Is the minimum leg length you are referring to from A to D or is it from C to D

its written there (minimum leg length) which means the smallest leg in the pattern, it could be anything A>B , C>D , B > C, but remember this is the minimum TP , so it's always good to open 2 small potions , IF they reach minimum leg length before your SL close one and move SL to BE on the other position and aim for the next longer leg if the money management suit the trade

example

you entered two small trades at 1000 , your SL is at 950 and first TP (minimum leg length) is 1150 IF price reaches 1150 close one and move SL to BE on the other position and target the next leg

* but you must keep in mind when moving SL to BE treat it as a new trade because the profit is already yours and losing it meaning you lost your own money , so if the second leg you want to target is not at least twice the amount of pips of the minimum leg length then this whole method is not valid .

regarding the trade you talking about the rule suits , smallest leg was BC (170 pips )the next leg is AB (230 pips )

initial risk was 70 pips for each trade = 140 pips risk , reward was 170+230= 400 pips , that is very good money management skills

its written there (minimum leg length) which means the smallest leg in the pattern, it could be anything A>B , C>D , B > C, but remember this is the minimum TP , so it's always good to open 2 small potions , IF they reach minimum leg length before your SL close one and move SL to BE on the other position and aim for the next longer leg if the money management suit the trade

example

you entered two small trades at 1000 , your SL is at 950 and first TP (minimum leg length) is 1150 IF price reaches 1150 close one and move SL to BE on the other position and target the next leg

* but you must keep in mind when moving SL to BE treat it as a new trade because the profit is already yours and losing it meaning you lost your own money , so if the second leg you want to target is not at least twice the amount of pips of the minimum leg length then this whole method is not valid .

regarding the trade you talking about the rule suits , smallest leg was BC (170 pips )the next leg is AB (230 pips )

initial risk was 70 pips for each trade = 140 pips risk , reward was 170+230= 400 pips , that is very good money management skills [/

thanks Mike that was very informative and I appreciate the response thank youQUOTE]

I was not trading during this friday but if I was trading that time, that's exactly the kind of trades i'll take for sure - AUDUSD 5m this trade occour after US data,

actually 30m I would see this pattern occour and 45m-60m after news i'll have my confirmations to enter long - (look at the green bullish anti-gartley pattern 9% deviation ignore all the other patterns..)

market puts a DB(actually retested that level for 4 times!), at the 138.2%, looking left there was a ressistance as the price retest it for 2 more times

enter long position TP1 -> (61.8 * CD) leg 70 pips

Files:
audusd.m5db.png  82 kb

###ZUP_v135wsv05.mq4

With this new release, wsv has been moved & constructed on "nen original ZUP_v135"

Lots of modifications & code optimizations were made for a smooth run time execution & free up memory.

Indicator searches every fibonacci retracement variations in all possible zigzag depths to find patterns on last leg(current leg) only. Past pattern search is disabled.

Reasons for disabling past pattern search, please read posts

#3479 "Let me explain how zigzag search function works in zups" @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page232

#3537 "Effects of past pattern search" @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page236

Default Deviations used for maximum accuracy are,

%5 for Fibonacci Retracements

FibonacciDeviation = 0.05;

(Equivalent setting in standard Zup is ExtDeltaGartley=0.09 = %9)

If you find maximum fib deviation 0.05 too conservative, you can increase to 0.06 or 0.07 but , do not forget that when you increase the fibonacci deviation, indicator detects more patterns but accuracy would decrease.

%5 deviation for pattern leg lengths

LegLengthDeviation=0.05

(Leg length Deviation is unique in wsv versions. There's no equivalent in standard zups)

%10 for Time deviation

TimeDeviation=0.10

(Time Deviaiton is unique in wsv versions. There's no equivalent in standard zups)

Pattern List

• Detects all Classical Patterns including Alternate Bat , Deep Crab & Perfect Classical Patterns;
  • Detects Second Class Patterns (Shark & Cypher)
  • Detects Navarro 200 Pattern;
  • Detects Leonardo Pattern;
  • Detects Black Swan Pattern;
  • Detects 5-0 Pattern;
  • Detects Elliott 5 Wave Pattern;
  • Detects 3 Drives Pattern;
  • Detects Perfect & Real AB=CD Pattern;

You can enable/disable patterns that you want to search for or not with a simple true/false switch (by default all patterns are enabled)

SearchClassicalPatterns =true;

SearchSharkPattern =true;

SearchCypherPattern =true;

SearchNavarro200Pattern =true;

SearchLeonardoPattern =true;

SearchBlackSwanPattern =true;

Search5_0Pattern =true;

SearchElliott5WavePattern=true;

Search3DrivesPattern =true;

SearchABCDPattern =true;

All standard zup versions check 4 legs = 5 dots to search patterns. This feature is extended to 5 legs = 6 dots since some patterns like 5-0, Elliott 5 Wave & 3 Drives need a 5th leg and dot 0.

For Navarro 200, Elliott 5 Wave, Perfect AB=CD & Real AB=CD patterns, real time bar count is used to check date&time.

For Exact D Box calculation, three parameters are needed.

Friday Last M1 Bar Open Time;

Sunday First M1 Bar Open Time;

Sunday First H4 Bar Open Time;

Please put these data in here

FridayLastM1BarOpenTime = "N/A";

SundayFirstM1BarOpenTime= "N/A";

SundayFirstH4BarOpenTime= "N/A";

Format is two digit hour, two digit minutes like "22:00".

Please read "How to set up time in zup wsv versions" @ post #4412 @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page295

When a pattern is detected, indicator will automatically draw an A-B-C three point fibonacci expansion(don't confuse fibonacci expansions with fibonacci extensions) to check the strength of the pattern. It would be the best, if a fib expansion is inside the D Box area or very close to it. You can put your limit entries near expansion lines.

Lots of run time code improvements have been done. Very high values (500 or more) can be used for maxDepth.

Please read post #3509 "How to Use zup in Multi Time Frame" @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page234

Indicator checks all legs of the pattern to find the shortest leg length. This value is used for Take Profit 1 Level.

Please read post #4396 "How To Use Minimum Leg Length for TP1" @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588

ExtSendNotification feature has been added for sending push notification to mobile terminals whose MetaQuotes IDs are specified on the "Notifications" tab in options window.

Recommended Settings are:

noBackstep = false;

DirectionOfSearchMaxMin = false;

maxBarToD = 150;

Files:
sample1_1.jpg  15 kb

thanks for the update grandeavus. Appreciate all your hard work.

This gbdcad daily is a perfect harmonics trade. A crab pattern within a gartley pattern. Both almost perfectly formed. Touching the top of the PRZ of the gartley which is the 1.618 ext of BC

Files:

grandaevus:

###ZUP_v135wsv05.mq4

With this new release, wsv has been moved & constructed on "nen original ZUP_v135"

Lots of modifications & code optimizations were made for a smooth run time execution & free up memory.

Indicator searches every fibonacci retracement variations in all possible zigzag depths to find patterns on last leg(current leg) only. Past pattern search is disabled.

Reasons for disabling past pattern search, please read posts

#3479 "Let me explain how zigzag search function works in zups" @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page232

#3537 "Effects of past pattern search" @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page236

Default Deviations used for maximum accuracy are,

%5 for Fibonacci Retracements

FibonacciDeviation = 0.05;

(Equivalent setting in standard Zup is ExtDeltaGartley=0.09 = %9)

If you find maximum fib deviation 0.05 too conservative, you can increase to 0.06 or 0.07 but , do not forget that when you increase the fibonacci deviation, indicator detects more patterns but accuracy would decrease.

%5 deviation for pattern leg lengths

LegLengthDeviation=0.05

(Leg length Deviation is unique in wsv versions. There's no equivalent in standard zups)

%10 for Time deviation

TimeDeviation=0.10

(Time Deviaiton is unique in wsv versions. There's no equivalent in standard zups)

Pattern List

• Detects all Classical Patterns including Alternate Bat , Deep Crab & Perfect Classical Patterns;
  • Detects Second Class Patterns (Shark & Cypher)
  • Detects Navarro 200 Pattern;
  • Detects Leonardo Pattern;
  • Detects Black Swan Pattern;
  • Detects 5-0 Pattern;
  • Detects Elliott 5 Wave Pattern;
  • Detects 3 Drives Pattern;
  • Detects Perfect & Real AB=CD Pattern;

You can enable/disable patterns that you want to search for or not with a simple true/false switch (by default all patterns are enabled)

SearchClassicalPatterns =true;

SearchSharkPattern =true;

SearchCypherPattern =true;

SearchNavarro200Pattern =true;

SearchLeonardoPattern =true;

SearchBlackSwanPattern =true;

Search5_0Pattern =true;

SearchElliott5WavePattern=true;

Search3DrivesPattern =true;

SearchABCDPattern =true;

All standard zup versions check 4 legs = 5 dots to search patterns. This feature is extended to 5 legs = 6 dots since some patterns like 5-0, Elliott 5 Wave & 3 Drives need a 5th leg and dot 0.

For Navarro 200, Elliott 5 Wave, Perfect AB=CD & Real AB=CD patterns, real time bar count is used to check date&time.

For Exact D Box calculation, three parameters are needed.

Friday Last M1 Bar Open Time;

Sunday First M1 Bar Open Time;

Sunday First H4 Bar Open Time;

Please put these data in here

FridayLastM1BarOpenTime = "N/A";

SundayFirstM1BarOpenTime= "N/A";

SundayFirstH4BarOpenTime= "N/A";

Format is two digit hour, two digit minutes like "22:00".

Please read "How to set up time in zup wsv versions" @ post #4412 @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page295

When a pattern is detected, indicator will automatically draw an A-B-C three point fibonacci expansion(don't confuse fibonacci expansions with fibonacci extensions) to check the strength of the pattern. It would be the best, if a fib expansion is inside the D Box area or very close to it. You can put your limit entries near expansion lines.

Lots of run time code improvements have been done. Very high values (500 or more) can be used for maxDepth.

Please read post #3509 "How to Use zup in Multi Time Frame" @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page234

Indicator checks all legs of the pattern to find the shortest leg length. This value is used for Take Profit 1 Level.

Please read post #4396 "How To Use Minimum Leg Length for TP1" @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588

ExtSendNotification feature has been added for sending push notification to mobile terminals whose MetaQuotes IDs are specified on the "Notifications" tab in options window.

Recommended Settings are:

noBackstep = false;

DirectionOfSearchMaxMin = false;

maxBarToD = 150;

on behalf of all the members on this forum i'd thank you so much for your efforts and contribution , so i assume we may remove the previous latest version since both are the same ? but this latest one rafind the last bearish crab on gbpcad eventho the configurations are the same , could you please explain why different versions don't indicate the same patterns when configurations are the same ? arn't the fibo levels entered in the code similar ? thanks

Please try both of them. I'll be testing both versions side by side next week. If something doesn't work as it should be, please let me know.

Reason: