General - page 250

Comments that do not relate to the " In the strategy tester, how to manually place orders ? ", have been moved into this topic
How can hold a trade for n number of bars in an EA also if the ea code find conditions to open another trade
Hello folks, Seeking your help, I am trying to build a simple function in one of my EA to have a comprehensive list of orders pending execution and current running positions. One solution is to create a list where every 5 seconds, I scan orders and positions opened by ma ea, store them in a
Hi Recently I decided to not save password in Metatrader 5 terminal but now my trading history will disappear from charts as soon as I have logged in. I can see trading history again after I disable and re-enable it again. Its pretty annoying. Can somebody confirm is this only my issue and maybe a
Im coding an ea that sells but i dont know why it doesnt work. I upload you the image of the pattern that i want to code. Thanks void OnTick () { bool trade = true ; for ( int i= 0 ;i< OrdersTotal ();i++) { int orden_seleccionada = OrderSelect ( 1 ,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); if
Hi, Take a look at the class definition please: class CExpertSignal : public CExpertBase { protected : //--- variables double m_base_price; // base price for detection of level of entering (and/or exit?) //--- variables for working with additional filters CArrayObj
Hey guys, can anyone please explain me what this expression means and how the (!=) condition is being evaluated? (m_patterns_usage&((( int ) 1 )<<p))!= 0 For more context, this code is part of a macro which is defined in the ExpertSignal.mqh after generating an Expert using a moving average as
I want to start MT4 with a specific profile through a batch file. Is this the correct way? terminal.exe /profile:"C:\Users\abc\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\xyz\profiles\NASDAQ" I found this solution on another forum, but Im not able to direct the terminal to use the AppData folder: echo
Hello, I am trying to use the Strategy Tester to manually backtest a strategy where I use the Ichimoku indicator, but I cannot find a way to place orders in the Strategy Tester. Here is what I have done so far: 1) In the Strategy Tester overview section I have chosen "Indicator" 2) In the settings
Does any one here know MT5 head quarter phone number or email address? If you guys have please tell me, because I really need it. Thanks so much
Hi, I downloaded MT4 on my Mac and bought trade assistant. When I open the MT4 platform I can't login to the MTQL5 community. It says: login failed I'm using my username to login. Does anyone know what the problem is
I've been struggling with this one for a while, I know you can change the limit (number of times an alert pings once breached) and other features by directly editing the alert itself on the terminal. But how do you configure the platform so all new alerts are automatically created with a new limit...
Hello, I would like to know the formula for computing the value of a pip (more specifically the minimum mouvement of a forex pair) for a leverage of 100. Here is what I have tried: Let's try to calculate this value for the AUD/USD pair: 1) 1 pip = 0.0001 of the AUD/USD pair 2) we can say that "1
Hello everyone I created a horizontal line with the button. This H line can be selected and moved. I want the price of the horizontal line to be updated on this line by moving this line by the user. This is done when I release the line. But I want the text of the line to change continuously when the
  My EA Issue  (5)
Hi I Wrote an EA using MQL5 to execute Limit orders and stop orders Automatically in the chart. my EA works in Backtest but when I drop it on my demo account chart, nothing happen(the same chart and the same timeframe). my EA: not timeframe related. not Symbol related. not time range
  DEAL_FEE mql5  (3)
Hi, Is the fee charged at DEAL_ENTRY_IN, DEAL_ENTRY_OUT or twice (IN & OUT, like DEAL_COMMISSION ) ? (I'm talking about HistoryDealGetDouble(dealTicket,DEAL_FEE) ) Thanks
Hello friends, Hope you are happy today. I wanted my Demo account full trade history. I've chosen All History in terminal but although it shows the start(deposit) and end(current), it does not show some of my trades. They have been disappeared from my history! The proof is my account deposit was 10K
Hi, my signals seller account stats are not corrected because my initial deposit was 95$ You put $1096, I posed this problem to my courtier and he asked me to contact you for this, it also turns out that since I made a loss of $420 while I made a win over $200
input int InpTakeProfitPts = 0 ; input int InpStopLossPts = 0 ; // // Standard inputs // input double InpOrderSize = 0.01 ; // Order size input string InpTradeComment
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, after having optimized my EA, the table of the results shows 23% as max drawdown. However, when I run the optimization variant with right click "Run single test", the drawdown is computed to be 87%. What could be the reason for this issue? Is there a way to fix this from my side? Thank
Hi, I have the following question: I am trying to run a custom script I did for MT4, but when I ran it always get executed with the USDCHF main chart, how can I unattach from that USDCHF chart and attach my script to the GBPUSD chart window I want to run on???? Thank you
Its a MT5 Script if any one could turn it into an EA it would be very much appreciated. void OnStart () { int Num_bars; switch ( _Period ) { case PERIOD_M1 :Num_bars = 180 ; break ; case PERIOD_M3 :Num_bars = 60 ; break ; case PERIOD_M5 :Num_bars = 36 ; break ;
My Trailing SL function no longer works. Maybe it is because of my NormalizeDouble routine. Normalize Double: //NormalizeDdouble(double,par); double ND( double val, string par) { // return(NormalizeDouble(val,StringLen(SymbolInfoDouble(par,SYMBOL_POINT)))); return ( NormalizeDouble (val
Hi! I'm starting meta trader 5 on ubuntu through wine and I want my strategy tester to run automatically with the config inside my common.ini file. I'm able to do it on windows, but I can't make it work on ubuntu with wine. Anyone can help
The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Thursday, June 2, 2022. The update provides improvements and fixes based on the feedback we have received after the previous MetaTrader 5 build 3300 release, which included many new features . These new features, along with other changes, are
  enum every 15 minutes  (14   1 2)
I would like to make a time enum every 15 minutes, I have seen some robots with well-made systems and others made in the wrong way, including using _ to enable enumeration. I would like to do it correctly, tried the form below but the MT5 will not accept. If anyone can help, I appreciate it. enum...
Hi all I have problems with the display of the timeframe label in push notifications? Specifically, I attached an indicator to charts that are in different timeframes such as M1 M15 H1 H4 D1. My problems are: when a signal appears: - if timeframes are M15 M5 M1, the push notification can correctly
Dear fellow traders , my father and i both run EA's on the mql5 VPS , hosted from New York. We both have the same settings on the EA. -1 My fathers execution is different by sometimes 40 minutes. -2 The Entry most of the times is the same , but then also the execution of the TP isnt always the same
Hi, Am looking to disable EA's running in the MQL5 VPS temporarily, ie right before/after major news releases I know I can do this by removing the EA's from each chart and remigrating the VPS ( so it has no EA active anymore) But can I achieve the same result by hitting the stop button on the VPS
[Deleted]
The redirect my orders under the dropdown menu is not working. Individual would like to know if its working for other members