General - page 1747

Hello, I would like to find out more about the way the ticket numbers are generated for trades. Are these numbers unique per client terminal or per EA instance? If the EA is started and stopped multiple times, and in each run it creates multiple trades, will those trades get unique ticket numbers?...
Is there a crosswalk somewhere to whow which object properties can be used with which types? If so, could you post it somewhere? Some are obvious, but many times I have to write a quick little script to see what works with what. The documentation needs to be made more complete. For example, when...
ArrayCopyRates(rates, Symbol(), PERIOD_D1); will return rates of the previous day, but on a Monday this will be useless. How do i force it to use the last trading day of the previous week.
  Forex skills and broker  (29   1 2 3)
Hello people. Still new in this business. Am looking into learning forex, obtaining the necessary skills then start trading. Looking forward to learning from all of you guys out there
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT! I have two accounts open at different MT4 brokerages and was shocked to see the differnce in varible rates at NFP on Friday morning. Please look at the large gaps in IBFX spreads across the board compared to UGMFX. I know UGMFX just changed their spreads to variable...
  Order Expiry  (3)
The help file provided does not show examples on using order expiry in the OrderSend() function. I need to cancel all outstanding orders at midnight next business day.
  Zup  (1)
http://onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=17253
First I want to say I really appreciate this forum! I am fairly new to forex and have already learned a lot from just this one forum alone. Having said that... I am looking for a custom indicator. The only way I know to describe what I am looking for is to give an example. I use a 5 minute...
Hello i am looking an EA that will close all open positions after net profit is being reached. can someone direct to me? thanks
  Pivot points  (6)
Can anyone code an indicator to calculate and display daily pivot points the formulas are as follows Resistance 3 = High + 2*(Pivot - Low) Resistance 2 = Pivot + (R1 - S1) Resistance 1 = 2 * Pivot - Low Pivot Point = ( High + Close + Low )/3 Support 1 = 2 * Pivot - High Support 2 = Pivot - (R1 -...
I know he pretty much abandoned trying to help people on the forums since it cost him so much time and energy. I have a programming problem that I know he's solved before. I can't figure out anyway to contact him, however. The Gmail account he has listed (on this or another site) returns email as...
I wanted to build new indicator with two EMAs. parameters : 20 EMA and 30 EMA Output Required : Whenever the difference pip value between above 2 EMAs is 50 or greater, then I wanted to alert a signal short or long. Can any one give me an idea or any similar indicators available, please let me know
Just recently, when I view this forum, I must use the scroll bar to scroll right to read the rest of the page, it gets to be very annoying. I don't have this problem with other sites. Does anyone know how to rectify this annoying issue
Hi, When selecting the trades from the history pool by position, are these trades returned in any specific order? What do the position numbers 0, 1, 2 ..., mean in this case? Can we say that trade with position 0 in the history pool is the last closed trade? Best regards, Levente
Hello I get this when I try to look back further than 8 May !!? http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/459/eurusdic9.jpg What the?
[Deleted]
The following indicator is a Moving average indicator with arrows and alerts. When a second moving average is plotted on the chart, the arrows of the first moving average disappear and are replaced with the new moving average arrows. Is it possible to modify the indicator to keep all arrows on the
[Deleted]
  !!!!! +900pips GOLD SIGNAL!!!!  (26   1 2 3)
Hay all okay i see signal .And i want share it okay lets put gold order in monday. Please open 2 positions same time make 2 orders then 665.05 LONG (Buy) GOLD and please TP is 675.05 , 2 position no tp let it run when i say exit. Please no stop loss 2 first day please . Thank you and enjoy pipses!
  Rsi Ea  (122   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
I am looking for an EA that work regarding RSI indicator, wich we can set the the RSI level for buy and sell entry, and also to set the RSI period.It would be nice if it already include the MM.I hope someone can help me, THANKS
for different price bars that form. say example I want to know when a bullish outside bar forms on a 4hour chart of course a alert at the close of the bullish outside bar if criteria are met. or say a doji or inside bar alert these are high prob. patterns I trade in conjuction with stochastics
The amount of mondy you make or lose on a trade is dependant on lots and leverage. That said, evaluation of a strategy should be based on the number of pips made on a trade. This is the best way of determining the effectiveness of a strategy. Although you can get this instead of money on the...
Hi guys which is the difference between IsTesting( ) or IsOptimization( ) function? eugenio
Hello, If I start and stop my EA multiple times, will the trades created at each run have different ticket numbers? Can I save a ticket number obtained in one run (for example save it to a file) and use it in an OrderSelect in a subsequent run in order to retrieve a trade? Best regards, Levente
No more technical anylysis , no more guessing direction and sweating on the futures market.. Example :Take a pair calculate its daily volatilty and create a channel................Example euro/gbp ........10 pips above to go long 10 pips below to go short. Take a position long or short 10 pips...
Hy, I use Machintosh OS. can someone tell me, where I can get Meta Trader Support for Mac??
Hello to all, My first thread and I have to think stupid in it. I come with this strategy. 1. Buy and Sell at the same time with same price. 2. Stop loss 20 Pips for both, Buy and Sell. 3. Take profit 40 Pips for both, Buy and Sell. That is all....
Hi guys, Today we had two interesting reports from the US - the Non-farm payroll and ISM Manufacturing. We all know that NFP cause a lot of volatility and whipsaws (see chart). Today EUR/USD dropped to 1.3407 then shot up to 1.3459 - huge whipsaw. I decided not to trade the NFP, wait for...
  MA Angle Indicator help  (13   1 2)
I'm trying to create an indicator that is based on the angles of a few moving averages. I figured that since this has been done before that I'll start by recreating a previously made indicator to make sure I'm doing this correctly, then modify the code after that. The indicator I chose to clone is...
This is the code in the EA but it doesn't seem to work or modify any orders. Anything wrong with it? Thanks //=============== TRAILING STOP ROUTINE int cnt, total; total=OrdersTotal(); for(cnt=0;cnt<total;cnt++) { OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if ( (OrderSymbol()==Symbol()) &&...