General - page 1859

Robust System  (2)
Hey, There is no right answer to my next question, but let me know your thoughts: How robust should a system be before you back it with money? I have developed a system in wealth-lab for the EURUSD that doesnt include any changeable variables, such as MA values ect, and is quite simple, but very...
  EA Moving Average  (40   1 2 3 4)
We wanna EA with the determined parameters: 1 - TO DEVELOP EA OPENS The ORDERS CORRECTLY Thus The MAIN DIRECTION IS IDENTIFIED WHEN The SHORT MOVING AVERAGE CROSSES WITH the LONG One In The HOURLY DETERMINED ONES. 2 - LOTS, TRAILLING STOP, STOP LOSS And TAKE PROFIT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY 3 - CLOSED
Something is going on with my backtester on my MT4. Is it possible that my broker has diabled it? I'm guessing that they have a lot of control over the software on my computer. Probably more than many people aware. I hit the start button and nothing happens.
  Backtest Request  (3)
Greetings MT, If possible in a future build could you please add the ability to also view some results in pips aswell as $$. Average Pip win Average Pip loss Largest Pip win Largest Pip loss Total pips made Largest Drawndown in Pips Max consective Wins in Pips Max consective Losses in...
Hello, as all of you know codersguru is the winner of contest for this month. He is going to release EA in Elite section (it's mandatory for the contest), but he will not release it in public section. He want to release as few copies as possible, to try to keep a coompetitive edge and win future...
Is it me or is nothing happening ? And if someone finds some pips to be made please let me know.
Hi All, Last Tuesday's (May 30th, 2006) erroneous news reports that US Treasury Secretary Snow would be replaced with a nominee favoring a weak dollar caused a dollar sell-off. Of course, the other majors climbed up many pips at the expense of the dollar. Then we got the next news that the chosen...
Hello: Is there a way to read the values of each bar that a Trendline passes through? For instance, if I create a Trendline from (2) points on Bar 0 and Bar 15... is there a way to know the values that the Trendline passes through for Bars 1-14? Thanks for the help! -charliev
  PivotEMA3  (5)
I have come accross this EA in my system and don't know where it has come from. I would like to know if anyone can tell where the thread is for it. I have found that backtesting it fails badly, which is most likly why I had not tried it before. I started forward testing it yesterday with good profit...
HI Guys, where can I get the Stochastic cross indicator/EA with alert like email or msg... Thanks Babar
anyone trust the results of backtest from metatrader 3 in time frame m1? Pedro Echenagucia www.veninvgroup.com
Hi, I have the following problem. I'm asked to manage an account for precentage of profit. I will manage a client live account from my PC. Is there a method to hide live trades and give a client view only to the history? Without this, a client can simply copy trades to different account and I can...
Hi, Somebody has an simple EA based on correlation? Could u please send me or post here. Thanks. What Exactly I’m looking. Strategy: If USD/CHF jump up 3 pips, sell EUR/USD If EUR/USD jump up 3 pips first, sell USD/CHF. And vv, if USD/CHF jump down 3 ticks, buy EUR/USD; If EUR/USD jump...
  Moving average  (1)
I seek an expert advisor of average mobille which buy and which sells lorsqu there is crossing and an order is open in buy and qu there is crossing it closes order and opens in sell thank you
Slawa, Im an IB for MIG and COESfx (soon to be) and would very much like to know from you wether MT4 will have the capabilities for Money Managers to trade one master account and have sub accounts under that original one. the second question is how can I see the BackOffice capabilities of MT4
is it possible to transfer an account openend at metaquotes to interbank or mig with all the history and positions or are these demo accounts only matched on the respective server ?
  Server down ?  (8)
seems to be off for nearly an hour now ... the demo server "demo.metaquotes.net" I did "scan servers" in the bottom right as well as through "open new account" .... scan for fastest server ... but it seems that the servers are off the net or off the feed.
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has tried to utilyze a multythread computer (Dual Core) for MQ4,since MQ4 is only for single thread cpu's. I have windows x64 running, and it crashes constantly using mq4. Nontheless MQ4 is only using one thread. Is there a way to utilyze both threads, so My dual...
[Deleted]
Hello. I have written an custom dll in VC++. And I want to use exported functions in MT EA. Where I should put it. Couse in experts dir it doesnt working. Can I use my own dlls in MQL?
Hi, I am newbie who lives in USA. I want to start Forex trade but I can't decide which broker to choose. Does anybody know any reliable brokers in USA? What is going to happen if I join one outside USA? Such as tax, withdrawl, etc. Thanks!
anything on this topic?
  Manual Font size  (3)
Hello..! When I read a MQL4 reference manual in the sub window of the metaeditor, sometimes, The fonts are displayed as Huge size...haha I know,such attributes are related to an Explorer, but, even if I change the setting for the fonts, it won't be displayed correctly. each character is...
I've seen price box turn green and red in the trading window, but what does it mean when it turns yellow? It seems that IBFX keeps skipping my orders. Whats up with the yellow box?
  Rsi  (5)
Hi Guy's, Curious, is there and rsi indicator that anyone has built that shows rsi signal value on the signal line , it gets old putting currsor on signal line to see a what value it's at. 1f4
  Vegas and his Tunnel System  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Anyone care to share his experience to create an expert advisor for this trading model or does anyone happen to have one? In my opinion, I'm a newbie by the way, I think it beats all other trading models. It gave a total profit of about 5000 pips in GBP/USD the last 2 months so maybe it deserves
[Deleted]
As most have know, the so called successful scalping EAs posted here and the other forums are bogus, as they exploit a bug in the demo version of MT3. In reality, the brokers won't allow you to buy at bid and sell at ask, atleast under the straight forward EAs. Now, here comes the request. Maybe one...
Hi, I want to color candlebars in different colors when certain condition are met. This is possible with Visual Trader for example, but can't see a way to do it in MT4.
Fellow traders, Do you know of a broker which uses MT4 and has options on forex? Or do you have a list of brokers which use MT4? Thanks, JB
I need to know whether it is true that while MetaTrader 4 Mobile works with Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition (found for example in i-mate JASJAR, K-Jam and JAMin), it will not work properly with the Smartphone Edition, which is found in the I-mate SP5, which is the phone I have and am...
  EA Protection request  (16   1 2)
Hello, Can anyone Help me please? I need to know what code to put to protecct an EA to a certain Account number with a password. and expiry date if possible. and where in the code do I place these codes? Thank you.