General - page 1746

I'm developing an EA with hedge-possibilites. But it seems to me that strategytester is not able to handla multiple pairs, only the pair that's selected for testing. Is this true? I know I've seen other backtests with hedging, how did you guys solve this? To only use forwardtesting's gonna take a...
The development of the MetaTrader 4 Mobile SE has been completed. Using it, you can get access to financial markets and make trades worldwide. The embedded symbol charts and technical indicators, as well as financial news, will help to make a decision about whether to open or close a position....
Hello, I found this indicator on a Web site (http://forex-winning.blogspot.com. I attached it on a graph 1 hour (on gbp/usd), it makes apparaitre red or blue dots to sell or buy. But it seems to me that the dots move according to each candle. Can you say to me what it is ? It's an indicator too much...
Hi All, My EA skills are not too bad, but I need something that is a little beyond me. If this is the sort of thing you can whip up quick, that would be awesome, or if it is a bigger project , please PM me with a quote. I am after an EA that logs onto my POP server, reads a signal email, and trades
I like it when I come across slightly unusual indicators or creative indicators or even standard ones that do not conform to the standard squiggly line format. I think they add a different aesthetic sensibility to the presentation. For that reason I'd like to start this thread devoted to indicators
Can anyone alter this indicator so that the times can be entered as minutes and well as the hour. Like 6:45 I would like to use it on m15 TFs. thxs
Metatquotes Development Team I have 4 Accounts being handled by the MT4 Multi Term. It has to be the most unreliable piece of crap I have ever used and considering big money is dependant on it's correct operation I am loathe to use it. It stalls, lags in confirmation of placed orders, takes up to...
Hi, This indicator has the daily, weekly and yearly Pivot and SR lines. Can any of you expert programmer adda yearly Pivot and SR line please? It will be very helpful. Thanks
I have a problem getting the levelcolor of a fibo retracement object. For testing, I put a fibo object on the chart and name it "test", then execute this code: ObjectSet("test",OBJPROP_LEVELCOLOR,Tomato); color checkFibLevelColor; checkFibLevelColor=ObjectGet("test"...
Is it possible to find out at what time swap is calculated when using strategy tester? Trying an EA that closes trade just before swap is charged........ Our broker charges at 4:59 EST....... have EA closing trade just prior, but have no idea if the timing corresponds to strategy tester. Any help...
I want it for exit and entry alert when value and signal cross
Hi, i am writing a EA to calculate the cross price for EMA. How can i determine at what price the crossover has taken place??? Basially, how does one track if the 5 EMA has crossed over the 20 EMA...??? 1.Ema period=5 with shift of -1 >>> 2.Ema period= 20 (no shift) Open -Close-Open (reverse
I am looking for one indicator that gives me a signal when a EMA is touched. Not the cross only the touch. Can someone please post here in case you have it? I don't find it anywhere in this forum.. Thanks guys and gals
I need an indicator for 2 SMAs and 1 EMA with audible and arrow alert upon any form of crossings... Currently, we have indicators for EMA ans SMA but not one which is conbined.....Any idea guys.... Thx
I am looking for a moving average-type indicator. This is the idea: The MA would plot on the current bar (maybe above or below the bar) the AVERAGE TICK VALUE of every tick value that came in on the previous bar. This would be different than the avg of high+low/2 or the high+low+close/3. For example...
Can anyone tell m
I don't know what it is called but I am looking for an updated version?
was up guys i found an excellent site to download excellent trading infomation http://www.esnips.com/doc/eafe7b19-80e9-4922-8899-33216b247d5a/Demark---The-New-Science-of-Technical-Analysis http://www.esnips.com/doc/0b571a37-1ee5-48b1-a988-11fcdeca5671/Bollinger-on-Bollinger-Bands and lots more enjoy...
  Template  (16   1 2)
Hi, where in MT4 i can see the name of active template-chart and also where to see the name of current profile. thanks
Hi, Is there a simple way to detect if a selected trade is closed, whithout looping through the MODE_HISTORY pool? What would the OrderClosePrice() and OrderCloseTime() functions return for trades that are still open? Regards, Levente
Hi, Does anybody know how to increase the size of the period used for backtesting. I've tried to modify the number of bars in the charts and the date for the baxktest, but it always takes something like one month. Thank you for your help! Cheers, Daniel
If I could request a feature, I'd really like to have more options with the timeframes. Example, 3 hourly, 22 minute, 3 day, built into Metatrader, without the need to run scripts on off-line charts. Also it would be very useful if timeperiod could be a parameter that we could optimize over. For
  Trail SL EA  (2)
Hi all members, sorry to ask stupid EA here.. can someone pls pass to me any EA for trail SL.. what basically i want is... 1. Open trade manual 2. Trail SL have 2 step which is i can edit it anytime, let say i. 50p below, trail SL is 10p ii. 100p below, trail SL is 40p If anyone have it, then thanks...
To answer about that, need good knowledge about support and resistant. U can count how big accumulative profit that u get per month ..per year and so on. the rule is : entry at certainly level that give high probability to give rejection chart and discipline with 10 pips net profit always per action...
Hi Easy-Forex™ Trading Platform, founded by a group of bankers, Forex and Internet experts, offers Forex traders direct access to the global currency markets. Easy-Forex™ revolutionary Online FX trading platform is the first online FX trading system allowing clients to deal Forex as a consumer...
Hello, I want have someone write a simple external library in C++ that will be called from an EA. I need to know how to describe the specification to them, specifically: "The library needs to be able to be called from an external program that uses the _________ method for calling functions in an...
hellow, i got complete history data, when i try to simulate an EA via Strategy Tester, the visual mode has no problem, but there's problem with EA... it logs something like this.. 22:48:01 1999.01.06 17:30 MyEA EURUSD,M30: Time Limit 22:48:01 1999.01.06 17:30 MyEA EURUSD,M30: Time Limit 22:48:01...
  No connection  (1)
I saw many complains about connection. I also have same problem witm my demo accounts on my desktop computer and on PDA. I'm thinking it happens because my acount is not a live account. Please let me know if anyone who has a live account is getting same problem? Thanks