General - page 1745

Hi, I would like to increase the number of bars in the History Data for an 'offline chart' as there are only 53 bars displayed. Also, when I try to lay a moving average on the chart it does not appear at all. Would apprecaiate any advice. Thanks David
Hi all, I want to share with you my trading system that has been working for me for 1 year now. It is called macrotrading. I am not really good with programming, so I am seeking your help in this forum to develop some visual aides that i use in trading. Please see my charts I want a programming that...
when using strategy tester do you use under modeling every tick, control points, open prices only? also is strategy tester accurate way of backtesting ea or does it give false data TIA
  Testing EA ?  (5)
when using strategy tester do you check every tick, control points or open prices only under model? is strategy tester accurate for backtesting also?
I came across a very interesting trading system in the current issue of Currency Trader Mag. (Page 26): http://www.currencytradermag.com/chrlm32/CurrencyTrader0607.pdf Strategy code Tradestation EasyLanguage Code Setup on a 60 minute chart of the EURUSD symbol. If Time=1700 Then Sell Short next Bar...
Can anyone explain why my offline 200 minute chart is only displaying 13 bars. Also when I try to overlay a moving average on this chart it does not appear
Hi, I would like to detect divergence on Stochastic and MACD and eventually RSI. Does anybody know if an indicator already exists or has or know where I could find some documentation about the algorithm to use to implement it. Thank you very much for your help. Cheers, Daniel
  2 accounts  (6)
Hi, I would like to know if I have two accounts with the same MT4 broker and I want to open in the same time both account on my computer and trade and EA on each account, can I do that, it is possible to run two EA (one on the first account and the second on the other account) on your computer with...
Hi, what about if we open a thread where we discuss our live-trades ? It can be nice to hear what other traders think about trades taken, for example, right now i'm short on aud-usd (target: 1.8300), anyone is short too? What do you think?
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to get the data (tick price, close, high, low, indicators, ...) of an higher timeframe and use them in an expert advisor attached to a chart of a smaller timeframe. For example, I would like to know how is the candlestick on the higher timeframe chart and...
I have to bring this up. What is the best way in MQL4 to sorting a data table with a specified column of the data table? I tried 2 dimensional array to store this data table in memory, but how can I sort it? With ArraySort() function?
hello everybody, I want to build my auto-trade-system whith MQ4 Experts. I use an attaching indicator Moving Average to RSI. Who can tell me how to express it in MT4. thanks bigwit dmb2000@163.com
Hi, Is there a way in navigator to create additional folders, groups or favorites. I have a large number of files which currently reside in the list which no means to structure and organise them. Even the ability to import a file into the navigator would be appreciated, as that will allow me to
CIS Trading System GBP/USD i just need and EA for it EA needed for a great Simple Trading System Let me first Explain the System a picture is worth a thousand words so here you go. At 11:00 Pacific Standard Time the dotted line shows what time the signal starts, this indicator generates a buy and...
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 206 from the 6th of June 2006: 1. Fixed the error of reading corrupted mail headers which resulted in terminal falls. 2. Tester: In Optimization Results, fixed displaying of the maximal drawdown percentage. 3. Tester: Fixed processing of limits set during...
#property indicator_level1 = 0.00024 On the graph when I activate the indicator it rounds out the level to 0.0002 instead of 0.00024 (which I desire). Likewise 0.00025 rounds out to 0.0003. How can I get this property level not to round off??? (Keep 5 decimal places) - Very important to my manual...
Hi, I wrote an indicator. Which includes alert: ......Alert(Symbol(),"--- BREAKS");if(allow_sound) PlaySound("alert.wav")...... Every time when price triggers, there would pop up the alert window and play a sound . But if a popup window and sound accurs and I don't look at it...
Part 1: Mobile Trading w/Cingular IPAQ HW6515 Series PDA and IBFX MetaTrader 4 Mobile The purpose of this paper is to share some information I gathered while trying to choose a Personal Digital Assistant / Cell Phone (PDA) for wireless trading with InterbankFX using the MetaTrader 4 Mobile Platform...
Hi Folks, I am trying to gather all the people who are members of Dustin's group. Please post your details if you can, so we can discuss some issues. Neel
[Deleted]
i'm looking for EA basde on somting like this indicator
[Deleted]
Is their any indicator that will draw a line at the london open
What currency pairs do you guys find are the ones that will drop or spike and not return for a long time? Thanks
Hi, I'm trying to modify an EA. The conditions to close the trade are various in this EA but i need help on 1 case ONLY. How to dow to make a pause of 10mn when a trailingstop is reached, to avoid the EA to take again a new position immediately after ? I don't want the EA to make a pause for all the...
Does any of you Meta Trader experts, know how, or if, the Buy/Sell pop up box size, can be made smaller ??
Hi, It is my very first attempt to program an EA, and I was wondering how we can program an EA based on indicators which only the ex4 file is available. Is it just possible ? Thanks a lot
  Market Insight  (18   1 2)
I'm starting a thread which I hope will be of benefit to many TSD members (myself included). In this thread there will be no discussion regarding indicators, EA's, pairs, or price. There is already a handful of threads which contain more than enough content to go around for an entire trading career....
[Deleted]
How do you use Mode_Spread? No matter which currency I run it on, it always returns a value of 13. (It is .13 for 2 decimal currencies and .0013 for 4 decimal currencies. I want to compensate my entry price for the currency using mode spread instead having to use CASE statements. I must be missing...
Hi, There are not accelerating keys for "Chart Shift" button and "Auto Scroll" button ? Thanks, Tintin92
Has anyone had any problemes with MT4 build 205? I upgraded to build 205, now I'm finding that some EAs will just disappear off the chart on its own.
There is an article in this months Currency Trader about a time zone based system. They say it earned 40K in 3 years on 1 contract. Could anyone make this an EA so we can backtest and maybe add some filters and/or optimize? Thanks www.currencytradermag.com/pfw31.htm