VPS issue, ea issue or broker issue?

me and my friends are all using the same bot and connected to mql5 vps in the same broker.

However today, out of all of our accounts, 1 account was different. The bot total executed 5 trades. 

However, this 1 account only executed 3 trades, and didnt execute the 4th trade when all the other accounts did. I then manually execute the 4th trade when it hit that price again but then it did not went back to the TP price and margin called. After wards, it executed the 5th trade but didnt TP when all the other accounts TPed, i had to manually close it.

Whats the meaning of this? why doesnt it execute / close trade when it should when all the other accounts using the same bot does? any help please

Documentation on MQL5: Network Functions / SocketConnect
Documentation on MQL5: Network Functions / SocketConnect
  • www.mql5.com
SocketConnect - Network Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

It depends on many factors:

• different quotes/data for different trading accounts;
  • different date/hours for the bots to start working after synchronization/migration
  • more.

Besides, if you are trading manually (closing or openning the trades) on the same trading account on your home Metatrader together with your bot on VPS by using same trading account so make sure that you use same magic number 9for the bit to understand about what you closed and what you opened).

So, anyway, the bot should be coded on the way so take into account all those particularities (irrespective off - spead, requotes, news time/events or different data/quotes for different trading account for example).

Sergey Golubev #:

It depends on many factors:

• different quotes/data for different trading accounts;
  • different date/hours for the bots to start working after synchronization/migration
  • more.

Besides, if you are trading manually (closing or openning the trades) on the same trading account on your home Metatrader together with your bot on VPS by using same trading account so make sure that you use same magic number 9for the bit to understand about what you closed and what you opened).

So, anyway, the bot should be coded on the way so take into account all those particularities (irrespective off - spead, requotes, news time/events or different data/quotes for different trading account for example).

hi. None of us manual trades, we just let the bot run. We are all using the same broker. The bot has been running for a while already, every trade has been the same for few weeks then this suddenly happened

Aloysius Koh Cheng Zheng:
I then manually execute the 4th trade when it hit that price again but then it did not went back to the TP price and margin called. After wards, it executed the 5th trade but didnt TP when all the other accounts TPed, i had to manually close it.
If you open the trade manually so this trade (most probably) is having magic number = 0.
But, seems your bot is placing some different magic numbers for the trades, and that  is why your bot does not understand your manual opened trade as his own trade (different magic numbers). It is just an idea, but it may be related to how this bot was coded for example, and how many history and quolity of the history the bot is needed, and so on.

So, it may be related to the coding.

Sergey Golubev #:
If you open the trade manually so this trade (most probably) is having magic number = 0.
But, seems your bot is placing some different magic numbers for the trades, and that  is why your bot does not understand your manual opened trade as his own trade (different magic numbers). It is just an idea, but it may be related to how this bot was coded for example, and how many history and quolity of the history the bot is needed, and so on.

So, it may be related to the coding.

i manually executed the 4th trade because it didnt execute, so why didnt it execute?

Aloysius Koh Cheng Zheng #:

i manually executed the 4th trade because it didnt execute, so why didnt it execute?

Did you manually executed the trade with same magic number as your robot is executed?
I think (based on your description) - not. If not so EA/robot did not understand your trade as EA's trade and irnored it.
It should be by same magic number.

Anyway, it is related to the coding of this EA/robot.

-------------------

According to my personal experience: EA/robot should take into account all the issues related to the bokers and datafeed.
Just my personal experience.

Aloysius Koh Cheng Zheng:

me and my friends are all using the same bot and connected to mql5 vps in the same broker.

However today, out of all of our accounts, 1 account was different. The bot total executed 5 trades. 

However, this 1 account only executed 3 trades, and didnt execute the 4th trade when all the other accounts did. I then manually execute the 4th trade when it hit that price again but then it did not went back to the TP price and margin called. After wards, it executed the 5th trade but didnt TP when all the other accounts TPed, i had to manually close it.

Whats the meaning of this? why doesnt it execute / close trade when it should when all the other accounts using the same bot does? any help please

Account balance, lot size and spread can also affect the bot trades, where your balances similar ?, where you using the same timeframes ?  

Reason: