The Buy Volume indicator displays a total volume of buy orders at the moment. MetaTrader 5 displays the volume of buy orders in the Details tab of the Market Watch window. But it is not available in the form of indicator. This product allows to display the volume of buy orders as bars, candles, a histogram or a line for all trading instruments it is transmitted for in MetaTrader 5 (for example, futures).
- Easy to use: no complicated parameters for adjustment;
- Color, indicator's levels, a vertical scale are adjusted via the set menu of the indicator's setting window;
- The indicator has an autonomous (independent of the indicator) on-line storage of minute history which is saved in a file;
- One trading instrument has one on-line storage, though you can download several Buy Volume indicators;
- The file is saved in a general folder for all terminals, that is why accumulated history will be available in all terminals of MetaTrader 5;
- History files are sorted for each trading server and instrument and appended until there is at least one indicator on a correspondent contract and trading server in any terminal;
- Accumulated history is available on any time frame as bars, candles, the histogram or the line;
- Information about quality of accumulated history is available at all times.
The indicator has one input parameter: Draw type — method of indicator display. A candle chart is set by default, but you can choose the indicator displayed as bars, the histogram or the line.
|Indicator Buffer Number||Contents|
|0||Buy Volume value when opening a bar/a candle of the main chart|
|1||Maximum value of Buy Volume on a corresponding bar/candle of the main chart|
|2||Minimum value of Buy Volume on a corresponding bar/candle of the main chart|
|3||Buy Volume value when closing a bar/a candle of the main chart|
|60||Index of Buy Volume candle color|
There might be gaps on the chart if data have not been obtained from the server for any reason. Quality of accumulated history is displayed as percentage in the upper left corner after the indicator's name. The higher the percentage, the higher the quality.
Following rules of coloring bars and candles are accepted in the standard version of the indicator:
- Yellow — Doji candle, open and close values are the same;
- Red — bearish candle or down bar, an open value is bigger than a close value;
- Blue — bullish candle or up bar, an open value is smaller than a close value.
Following coloring is accepted for the histogram and the line:
- Blue color — the current value is bigger than the previous one;
- Red color — the current value is smaller than the previous one;
- Yellow color — the value has not been changed.
You can change values in the Settings window of the indicator.
1. Action - action to be performed. There are two options so far: No - do nothing; Export - export data. 'No' is set by default.
2. File name - file name for saving exported data. If a default value is left, the name is generated automatically. If a file with that name already exists, the new data is not written and the appropriate entry appears in the log. The file is saved in the common directory of all client terminals \Terminal\Common\Files\BuyVolume\Export\.
3. File format - select the format of a file for saving exported data. Two options are available so far: ASCII Text (*.csv) - ANSI (single-byte characters); Unicode Text (*.csv) - UNICODE (two-byte characters).
4. Recording format - data recording format. There are two ways:
Only CloseBV - write buy volume date, time and Close.
OpenBV, HighBV, LowBV, CloseBV - write buy volume date, time, Open, High, Low and Close.
The data is exported only once - when the indicator is started. The saved data period corresponds to the selected chart timeframe.