CSV economic news calendar auto converter
Many EAs and indicators use data of Economic Calendar from dailyfx . com in CSV format. But lately data incorrectly converts in CSV format on this web-site (that is why the page has no link to this type of files). This utility (EA) easily gets along this problem and converts data to the required format using its own resources. Data are loaded automatically once per week and when the terminal is launched/restarted whenever necessary and depending on selected modes.
- UsePureSiteData: true — mode of downloading the calendar page from the site, this page will be converted to the necessary format automatically; false — calendar data will be downloaded in CSV format (I do not recommend using this mode, as lately the original file from the site does not contain the whole data).
- UseCommonFolder: true — mode of downloading files to the public file folder for all terminals \Terminal\Common\Files\, false — downloading to the folder for the current terminal.
- FirstDay: implies usage of the current day; set any day starting from which you need to get data.
- CalendarUrl: http://www.dailyfx.com/ — path for required data which has to be added to the list of allowed URLs for WebRequets function on the Expert Advisors tab (see screenhots).
- timeout: pause in milliseconds in case of data request errors.
- ForceReload: false — absent data are downloaded, true — all data from the selected day are downloaded again when the terminal is launched or restarted. Also worth noting is that if the mode of "pure" data deletion (DeletePureDataFilesAfterConvert=true) and the mode of "pure" data are enabled (UsePureSiteData=true), data from the selected day (FirstDay) are downloaded again every time the terminal is restarted regardless ForceReload parameter.
- InfoAlerts: enable (true) / disable (false) the mode of "pop-up messages" about files downloading;
- DeletePureDataFilesAfterConvert: enable (true) / disable (false) the deletion of source data for conversion. This parameter is suitable for UsePureSiteData=true only.
P.S. Data conversion function does not work in the testing mode.
Looking forward, we will probably add other web-sites (for example, ffactory) to receive and convert economic news.
MT5 Version: https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/8557