The iTicksChart allows you to create custom tick charts. It is suitable not only for trading but also for analysis of tick history. Each missed or ambiguous tick is fixed and displayed on the chart. Experts, indicators, graphical objects can be used for technical analysis.
Advantages and Features
- runs and works at any open chart window (called "base chart" further on in this document);
- looks like a common chart after launching (see Screenshots);
- history quality is monitored - each missed or ambiguous tick or a series of ticks is displayed on the chart as a gap of the indicator's lines;
- built-in time scale - internal control over time of tick coming up to a millisecond (detailed description is below);
- auto scaling of price scale;
- major part of the objects from the MetaTrader 5 standard set can be used for technical analysis (detailed description is below);
- custom indicators and Expert Advisors can be created based on the iTicksChart chart using LibCustomChart (detailed description is below);
Max bars in chart allows to display a fixed number of ticks in a chart window. Zero value of the parameter allows displaying the maximum possible number of ticks, but no more than the number specified in the client terminal settings. The default value is 1000.
The indicator has an autonomous (independent from the indicator) on-line drive of tick history which is saved in a file. One trading instrument has one on-line storage, though you can download several iTicksChart indicators. The file is saved in a shared folder of all terminals, so accumulated tick history will be available in all terminals of MetaTrader 5. History files are sorted for each trading server and instrument and appended until there is at least one iTicksChart indicator on a correspondent symbol and trading server in any terminal.
Time scale of charts created using iTicksChart does not coincide with a base chart time scale and it is non-linear. That is why the indicator has built-in time scale. Built-in scale features:
- looks similar to the standard time scale;
- internal control over tick coming up to a millisecond;
- easy to move vertically;
- semi-transparent background, always visible chart objects and price chart behind the scale.
Graphical Objects for Technical Analysis
Standard graphical objects of the terminal are bound to a base chart time scale when placed in a chart window. Therefore, iTicksChart automatically rebinds applied graphical objects to its time scale. It allows using the major part of standard graphical objects for technical analysis of tick charts.
In some cases, for example when closing the terminal, iTicksChart saves the objects data to a temporary file located in the "terminal_data_folder\MQL5\Files\iTicksChart\Objects". The system deletes all temporary files when iTicksChart is being removed from a chart window.
Indicators and Expert Advisors
Standard indicators follow the time scale of a base chart, as well as the objects. Free LibCustomChart library should be used for binding the indicators to the iTicksChart time scale..
The library functions allow to write the indicators that are automatically connected to iTicksChart, in case it is uploaded to a chart window. In case it is not run, these indicators will work on a common chart. Besides, the library provides simplified access to iTicksChart time series.
In case the library functions are used in an Expert Advisor, then it will also automatically use iTicksChart data, in case the latter has already been uploaded to a chart window. In case iTicksChart is not uploaded, the Expert Advisor will work in a common chart window and use its data.
2. Fixed false triggering of tick omission by "time out" for brokers transmitting exchange volume. The indicator could show tick omission by "time out", though actually there was nothing omitted.
3. Added a new parameter "Show", which allows to show only selected price lines. In this version you can select one of five options:
"All" - show all Ask, Bid and Last price lines.
"Only ask and bid price" - show only two price lines: Ask and Bid. The Last price line will be hidden.
"Only last price" - show only the Last price line. Ask and Bid price lines will be hidden.
"Only bid price" - show only the Bid price line. Ask and Last price lines will be hidden.
"Only ask price" - show only the Ask price line. Last and Bid price lines will be hidden.
2. Added the Print Gaps in Log parameter. If this parameter is set to Yes, the number of missed ticks and reason of missing is printed in the log (Expert Advisors tab, Toolbox window). This version detects following reasons of tick omission:
"Initialization" - omission due to initialization or reinitialization of Ticks Chart by reason of, for instance, update of the history, switching to another period, change of the account number, etc.
"Synchronization" - ticks were missed during terminal synchronization with a trading server.
"Runtime error" - any operational error (for example, when you try to get tick data) can lead to omission.
"Time out" - time lag most commonly happens when computer resources are too loaded. Particularly it may appear if a chart with the same symbol and period has a "heavy" or loopable indicator.
"Zero quote" - Ask, Bid or Last was equal to zero.
"Unknown" - not all reasons of omission can be identified at the moment. Install this indicator, if there was a gap in the history and you can not establish the cause of it.
Thus, the chart displays an honest tick history where each tick omission is shown as a line break, and number of omitted ticks and a reason of omission can be found in the log.