MIDAS Signal is a semi-automatic indicator with highly qualified and accurate Buy/Sell Signals.
To learn more about MIDAS download the "MIDAS Technical Analysis: A VWAP Approach to Trading and Investing in Todays Markets" - by Andrew Coles and David Hawkins.
When and How to Use MIDAS Signal
- Identify an impulse or breakout in any market manually or with the Global Market Watch (GMW).
- Anchor MIDAS Signal to the origin of the accelerated move by dragging and dropping the vertical line.
- Activate the Buy/Sell Alert System by clicking the circled button in the top right corner. White = OFF / Blue = ON.
- Wait for a Buy/Sell Signal to be generated.
- Enter the market with a Stop Loss above/below the Signal.
- Select Unique ID: 1-10
- Show Buy/Sell Signal: Yes/No
- Show Displacement Curves: Yes/No
- Buy/Sell Signal Color: Yellow
Trend Sizes and Chart Time Frames of Relevance to the Day Trader Using the MIDAS Method
|Trend Name / |
|Trend Size||Chart Time Frame||Purpose||Number of Active Signals for Day Trading|
|Six weeks to nine months||Daily chart||Mainly providing broad trend direction||One perhaps two per month |
(better for swing trading)
|Two to four weeks||120m or 60m||Trend direction and day trading signals||One, occasionally two, signals per day|
but sometimes several
|One to two days, |
|15m||Day trading signals||Typically three to four each day|
Two-to six-hour trend
15m to 60m trend
|Two to six hours |
15m to just over 60m
|5m (possibly 3m or 2m) |
1m (possibly 2m)
|Day trading signals |
Day trading signals
|Typically 5 to 10 each day |
Roughly 12 to 15 per day