BREAK CHANNEL MA
The Break MA Channel Expert Advisor is a part of the series "Simple trade strategies based on moving averages". Here you can find a short description of it. For more information on how to use this Expert Advisor, the test results and the analysis of its operation please refer to the corresponding article published in my blog TRADING WAY.
All operations are performed according to formed bars on the current timeframe. Two modified Moving Averages are used for forming the signal, one of them is shifted upward as specified in the parameters and the other one is shifted downwards. A download link for the indicator is given below.
The list of Expert Advisor parameters:
- Indicator Period – period of the Moving Average indicator.
- Vertical Shift – this parameter sets a vertical shift up and down for two Moving Averages (in points) relative to the main Moving Average.
- Mode Break – breakthrough mode. You can set up a breakthrough inside the channel (BREAK IN) and out of the channel (BREAK OUT).
- Take Profit – distance in points from an entry point to the level of fixing a profit. If you set a zero value, the level of fixing a profit will not be set.
- Stop Loss – distance in points from an entry point to the protection level. If you set a zero value, the protection level will not be set.
- Trailing Stop – step in points used for modification of the protection level in the profitable direction. The level is calculated using maximums (High) for Sell positions and minimums (Low) for Buy positions. If you set a zero value, modification of the protection level will not be performed.
- Reverse – in this parameter, one can specify if positions will be reversed in case an opposite signal appears.
- Lot – position volume.
A signal to open a position is true if the following conditions are fulfilled:
For a BUY position:
- Crossing the lower border of the channel upward.
For a SELL position:
- Crossing the upper border of the channel downward.
Exit from a Buy position if the price crosses the lower border downward or in case Stop Loss/Take Profit triggers.
Exit from a SELL position if the price crosses the upper border upward or in case Stop Loss/Take Profit triggers
Additional parameters and features:
The Expert Advisor has two additional parameters:
- On/Off Info Panel – enables/disables the informational and trading panel on the chart.
- Setting “On The Fly” – enables/disables the possibility to adjust parameters using the informational and trading panel.
Several Expert Advisors from this series can be attached to different charts (symbols) without causing any conflicts in their operation.