KVM Bitcoin Tick Importer
The KVM Bitcoin Tick Importer is a script that imports manually downloaded tick files as offline charts. The imported charts can be used to backtest expert advisors or to do some technical analysis on bitcoins. Please note, that the script doesn't download any data from internet!
Setting Up the Terminal
- You must connect to at least a demo account. To create one, go to menu and select File -> Open an Account.
- Go to menu and select Tools -> Options -> Charts tab. In the fields "Max bars in history" and "Max bars in chart", enter the largest number allowed: 9999999999999. After you click OK, the system will change this number to 2147483647 - the maximum bars the system can handle.
Using the Import Script
- Before every import, make sure you have downloaded the latest tick data from: http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/
- Unzip the archive and save the CSV file to: <TERMINAL_DATA_PATH>\MQL4\Files (go to menu and select File -> Open Data Folder)
- Attach the script to a chart (for example: EURUSD) and input the name of the symbol you want to import (for example: btcnCNY)
- After the script has successfully finished, go to menu and select File -> Open Offline, choose one of the timeframes (for example: btcnCNY60) and click Open. Now you can add your indicators or template to customize the chart as you want.
- Logging Level - Controls the amount of details written to the log (default: TRACE)
- Symbol Name - Specifies the name of the symbol that is to be imported (default: bitfinexUSD)
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!