Three Pair Hedge Hunter
The Automated EA program takes Hedge and Arbitrage trading to a whole new level by trading a basket of three currency pairs at the same time on the same account. The strategy is based on three currency pairs being traded concurrently when their prices are out of sync with each other to earn a profit. The program does not rely on latency between multiple accounts like many Arbitrage strategies. The program is a fully automatic program requiring no user interaction once set up on a chart of choice. The program closes the basket of trades once the Profit Target in Overall Pips is met or when specially designed closing conditions are met. Please Note that there is a Free Version that can be used to test program out, it will only trade 0.01 Lot Sized Trades. Upgrade to this Paid Version to have more flexibility and parameters.
The program is ideal for those looking for a low risk option in the market. By having three equal trades open at the same time in both directions for each currency, a user is better protected by market fluctuations. Trade open time averages a couple of days with this program rather than seconds like most Arbitrage programs. This is good because the program relies less on latency and execution rate than your typical Arbitrage or Scalper program. It is still recommended to pick a broker with low spreads and fast execution as they will play a role in both number of trades taken and profit earned.
Due to the nature of the strategy used to trade where three currency pairs are traded at once, please note that this program cannot be backtested using the strategy tester since you can only backtest one pair of data at a time. Backtesting was performed by the author with a self-written program using real tick data for all three default pairs: AUDUSD, EURUSD, and EURAUD. Based on these tests, using the default risk setting of 30, the expected max drawdown is 6% with an average monthly return of about 2-3%. A risk setting of 60 will double the expected max drawdown to 12% and the average monthly return to 4-6%. All results are based on an account using a leverage of 1:50 and a deposit of $2000. Results may vary based on broker fees and other market conditions.
- Magic - magic number to identify trades by EA
- Lots - fixed lot size when not using auto lot
- useAutoLot - when True, calculates lot size based on account balance and risk setting
- autoLotRisk - minimum percentage of account margin in a basket trade
- ProfitMult - total overall pips * 10 for target TP of 3 pairs in trade.
- LossProfitMult - total pips * 10 for target SL
- SpreadAllowed - max spread for a pair to open
- TakeProfit - hard TP point for each pair if loss of server connection
- StopLoss - hard SL point for each pair
- fileRecord - set to True to record all tick data
Additional protections built into the program
- A hard TP and SL price are set with each trade opened in the event of very large market swings or loss of connection with the broker’s server.
- Automatic closing of all trades when less than three trades remain open or if a trade fails to open when the program tries to open the basket of trades. This is important to know as you can manually close one trade and the program will close the other trades immediately to preserve profits and protect the account.
- Stopping all trading once a set number of consecutive losses occur.
Recommendations on usage
- Run on the chart that has the most ticks, in the default case, the EURAUD chart will see more ticks than the other pairs.
- A timeframe does not matter, the EA uses ticks to trade.
- Start risk small to watch program in action and determine if broker you are using will be profitable.
- Do not set the risk higher than a value of 60.
- Do not close trades over weekend as profit can be lost.
- Low spreads, low commission and high quality execution will help earn more profit.
- Minimum of $500 deposit on a 1:50 leveraged account.
- Run EA on its own account as it will use a large amount of margin per trade basket based on risk.
To my customers
Please do not hesitate to message me about any questions that you might have, I will be happy to help.
Benjamin Patri – programming expert in development, design, and optimization of automated trading programs with more than 7 years in Forex and over 10 years of trading experience.
-Individual Stop Loss and Take Profit Values Allowed Per Each Pair.
-Added the Ability for Custom Comments on Trades.
-Removed the IBXMini Parameter as it is no longer needed or used.