Trend and Reverse
Trend and Reverse is a scalping indicator designed to catch trend reversals.
It's very simple to use and does not require any other indicator to work with.
When an arrow appears, just take a trade according to its indication.
Let the trade runs till an opposite arrow tells you to stop it.
Trend and Reverse is working from close to close, it does absolutely not repaint. If an arrow appears, it will not vanish till the next one indicating to close the trade paints.
If you are working with slow timeframes, using the push and mail can be very practical, it indicates you the type of trade to start, the symbol pair and the timeframe used.
This is the first release of Trend and Reverse; there are many improvements to be done in order to make it more performant so next releases will follow.
A trading robot using this strategy is also under development and will be available soon.
- Spread: If you want to input a specific spread (fixed or average) enter it here. If the value is set to 0 (default) it will use the actual spread.
- UsePush: Enables the Push Notifications when indicator suggests to start or stop a trade.
- UseMail: Enables the Mail Notifications when indicator suggests to start or stop a trade.
How does it work
Once the indicator on the chart you will see 9 buttons, one for each TimeFrame.
These buttons are representing the internal Timeframe of the indicator.
If you started the indicator on a M1 chart, the internal TF will be automatically set to M1 but it's maybe not the best choice, so you can click on higher TF buttons to search for the best TF matching the strategy of Trend and Reverse.
For example, most of the time EURUSD is working well with M5 TF for chart and H1 TF for "internal".
The indicator is applying the strategy on the chart's history and indicates you how much trades and pips it was possible to set and get. The calculation can take time regarding the size of the history and / or your computer.
On the left you can see some comments:
- Total pips : the pips the indicator could get since the beginning of the chart' history.
- Trading days : Number of open trading days
- Pips per trading days : It's the average of what have been done by the indicator divided by the number of days.
- Total Up Pips : Amount of buy pips
- Total down pips : Amount of sell pips
- Total Positive up trades : Amount of buy trades that returned positive pips (that gained)
- Total Negative up trades : Amount of buy trades that returned negative pips (that failed)
- Up Trades Win Percentage : Success percentage for Buys
- Total Positive down trades : Amount of sell trades that returned positive pips (that gained)
- Total Negative down trades : Amount of sell trades that returned negative pips (that failed)
- Down Trades Win Percentage : Success percentage for Sells
- Up trades average gain : Average of pips earned with buy trades
- Up trades average loss : Average of pips lost with buy trades
- Down trades average gain : Average of pips earned with sell trades
- Down trades average loss : Average of pips lost with sell trades
- Average Positive Up trades duration in bars : Earned pips buy bars duration
- Average Negative Up trades duration in bars : Lost pips buy bars duration
- Average Positive Down trades duration in bars : Earned pips sell bars duration
- Average Negative Down trades duration in bars : Lost pips sell bars duration
- TF Used for trend : shows the TF used for internal calculation; it's the same as the one shown by the buttons. 0 means that the TF is the same as the chart.
- LivePips : When Trend and Reverse suggest to take a trade, it's displaying in real time the amount of pips, won or lost.
- Spread : displays current spread.
More explanations will be shown on the screenshots.