The trading method used is a grid strategy that will open both a buy and sell position at each grid level defined by the GridSize input variable. Profitable trades are closed at these levels and losing trades are carried until the overall profit has exceeded the value defined in the BasketProfit input variable. The account is protected from being wiped out by the BasketStop feature where all trades will be closed if the account equity falls below this level. The strategy also limits the total amount of trades using the TradeSaver input variable to determine if a basket should be closed at break even.
- TradeComment - This is comment placed on each trade.
- GridSize - Number of pips used to measure each grid unit, proper values for EURCHF would range between 3 and 20. The strategy uses this value to calculate the space in pips between trades.
- MarginUsage - The amount of equity used to calculate the lot size for trading. Proper values would range from 0.001 to 0.020. For example, an account of size 10000 USD that uses 2.5 USD to open 0.01 lots ( ie 500 leverage ) and MarginUsage set to 0.01 would enable the expert advisor to trade 10000 * 0.01 / 2.5 = 0.4 lots per trade. This setting ultimately controls the money management aspect of the strategy.
- BasketProfit - The ratio of equity at which the strategy closes all trades as a profitable basket. Proper values for this setting ranges between 1.001 - 1.020. Given the standard setting of 0.008, if the account started trading at 10000 USD and reached an equity of 10080 USD then the expert advisor will close all open positions and begin a new basket. This is considered a profitable basket.
- BasketStop - The ratio of equity at which the strategy closes all trades as a loss. Proper values for this setting ranges between 0.500 - 0.900. Given the standard setting of 0.70, if the account started trading at 10000 USD and reached an equity of 7000 USD then the expert advisor will close all open positions and begin a new basket. This is considered the stop loss feature.
- TradeSaver - The number of open trades at which the strategy will close the basket at break even. Proper values for this setting are 5 - 51. If the total positions open on the account exceed this value then the strategy will close all the positions if the equity is at least break even for the basket. This is protective feature to limit the number trades used by the strategy.
- TrendHours - The number of hours the strategy will wait for a trend to be completed before trading again. Proper values for this setting are 1 - 12. The strategy will suspend trading for this number of hours if a trend has triggered a stop loss. This is another protective feature to reduce the drawdowns occurred by trending markets.
Recommended Account Requirements
Perpetual EURCHF has been optimized to trade the EURCHF pair, it is recommended to use the default settings on this pair.
- Minimum balance: 500
- Leverage: 500
- Spread: ~1.5pips