Sitting in front of your screen and watching the market going up and down is not the way of trading. Trading is creating a trading plan and executing it. It seems easy but we are normal humans, sometimes it will be difficult to keep waiting since we do not know when some particular condition is met. On the other hand, the main problem is psychology. That is why we created the SEMI-AUTOMATIC Expert Advisor – trading assistant diligently executing our trading plan. The trading plan is all about how to enter the market and how to exit it. We use lines for the trading plan, the EA recognizes them and trades depending on the line name as following:
- Chartist Buy – open a Buy order when the market touches this line.
- Chartist Sell – open a Sell order when the market touches this line.
- Chartist Buy TP – close a Buy order when the market is above this line.
- Chartist Buy SL – close a Buy order when the market is below this line.
- Chartist Sell TP – close a Sell order when the market is below this line.
- Chartist Sell SL – close a Sell order when the market is above this line.
- Chartist Buy1 .... Chartist Buy9 – buy when the market touches this line. There is one order for Buy1, two orders for Buy2, three orders for Buy3, etc.
- Chartist Sell1 .... Chartist Sell9 – sell when the market touches this line. There is one order for Sell1, two orders for Sell2, three orders for Sell3, etc.
- Chartist Buy Trailing – close a Buy order when the market touches this line and the order is in profit.
- Chartist Sell Trailing – close a Sell order when the market touches this line and the order is in profit.
- Chartist Close Buy – close all Buy orders when the market touches this line.
- Chartist Close Sell – close all Sell orders when the market touches this line.
- Chartist Close – close all orders when the market touches this line.
Traders can draw the lines using Trend Line, Horizontal Line or Vertical Line tools. There are also Buy and Sell buttons on the screen for instant execution. So, traders can immediately open an order without waiting for the market touch the line.
- Lots – volume size. For example, "1" means one fixed lot for every trade. You can specify as "1%" meaning every trade is 1% from balance. Depending on the daily range, it is based on 1%/day risk calculation (I will write a detailed article about our money management).
- Expert ID – identification number (like an EA magic number). It is a number between 1 to 999.
- Order Comment – order comment, so we can track our ongoing trade or history. Example: "this is strategy A".
- Order Handle – handle order by Magic Number, By Manual or By Symbol. By Magic Number means the EA handles its own orders. By Manual – the EA only handles trades opened manually by F9/Manual New Order/ by Mobile application. By Symbol – the EA handles all trades opened by Chartist or manually or by some other EA.
- Chartist Buy TP1, Chartist Buy TP2 .. TP9. The Logic is: Market will close all Buy the trade when touch Chartist Buy TP. But if market touch Chartist Buy TP1 it will close partially depend on how many TP lines are available on screen.
- Chartist Sell TP1, Chartist Sell TP2 ... TP9. Same with Chartist Buy TP but to close Sell Order.
By Magic Number: handle all order opened by EA.
By Manual: Handle all order opened manually with F9 from MT4 or Mobile MT4 and all order opened by EA.
By Symbol: Handle all order opened manually or other EA and order opened by EA.