The utility downloads news from XE.com and dailyFX.com, saves them as .csv and draws them on the chart.
Displayed as vertical lines showing time of news release with brief description of this news.
Along with description it displays "P:","F:","A:" parameters meaning Previous, Forecast and Actual.
* symbol in description means that there are more than one piece of news at this specific point in time.
The number of * symbols indicate the number of pieces of news released at the same time.
A piece of news having the largest "importance" parameter (i.e. the most important one) is displayed on the chart.
The WebRequest() function is used to download news. Its operation requires the following:
- Open "Tools">"Options">"Expert Advisors".
- Check "Allow WebRequest for listed URL".
- Add http://www.xe.com/ec/CsvDownload and https://www.dailyfx.com/files/ to the URL list
The utility has following parameters:
- CalendarSource - Select dailyFX.com or XE.com as the news source
- RefreshMinutes - period of data updating: RefreshMinutes=5 - every 5 minutes;
- ShowAllNews - true: all news downloaded within this week are displayed; false: display only news related to the chart, for example only news related to GBP and USD are drawn on the GBPUSD chart
- ShowNewsDescriptions - if false, displays only the currency name the news is released on.
- OffsetHours - manual shift of news by the number of hours specified in OffsetHours. Calendar time is set automatically by the MetaTrader's server time. But you can shift news to the left or to the right if they fail in agree with the chart.
- LineStyle - style of vertical lines marking time of news release.
- LowImportanceColor - color of lines and description of news having "importance"="low";
- AverageImportanceColor - color of lines and description of news having "importance"="average";
- HighImportanceColor - color of lines and description of news having "importance"="high";
- FontName - name of font used for news description.
- FontSize - size of font used for news description.
- Angle - angle to display news description.
- FileName - name of file to save news.
2. Added parameter ShowNewsDescriptions - if false, displays only the currency name the news is released on.