This is the most flexible and interactive visual grid designer and expert advisor.
It is designed for true Grid Trading fans who already have some experience with grids and ready to take it to the whole new level.
Gridator can be used to develop one's understanding of Grid trading and for research purposes as well.
Please, do not buy this product if you do not have clear understanding of risks involved in ForEx trading in general and grid trading in particular.
Version for MetaTrader 5 is here: Gridator MT5
What is it for?
Grid trading can be very profitable. However, there are significant risks involved. Very often trader understands in how deep whole he is after all orders are already placed and the situation can not be changed.
With this product traders can plan and project in advance. One can play with price levels of future trades, with their volume sizes, can change gaps between the orders and see how big drawdowns will be at every level, how many pips of movement the grid will survive, where breakeven and take profit levels will be.
In this way Gridator allows planning and seeing all the risks consciously and in advance.
Gridator is a "two in one" solution.
1. Visual grid designer, which allows constructing the new grid in fully interactive mode and displaying all the valuable information about every level, such as money DD, break-even price and Take Profit / Stop Loss levels
2. Expert Advisor - allows backtesting the developed grid in strategy tester or trade it live on real chart.
Visual grid design part of Gridator can not be tested in strategy tester.
- Ability to design the grid of any level of complexity and flexibility and see in advance where and which the drawdown will be, how many pips of movement the grid can survive, where take profit will be and so on
- Ability to backtest any grid in strategy tester
- You can work with unlimited number of grids in the same time
- 3 built-in grid templates with different risks and aggression degrees
- User can change / adapt the grid on the go, while the grid is being traded live
- Rock solid coding and execution. I am using this tool myself with real money - this is the best quality assurance I can ever give
- Option to sync with existing trades opened either manually or with other EAs. Gridator can use them as starting grid levels
- Export / import of grids to files. Allows easy sharing of .grid files with the community
- For every level of the grid user can manually change price of the level, lot size of the level, take profit/stop loss values either in money or points
- Gridator can automatically calculate lot size for the level based on required distance to break-even
- SL and TP levels are automatically calculated if money value is set
Please, note, that I do not provide "magic .set files", "secret broker recommendations" or any other get rich quick recipes. Nor do I provide any other trading advice. It is your own money and your own responsibility.
I've done my best job developing this tool, so one can clearly see all the grid layout before putting in real money.
However, I do strongly encourage everyone to share the best findings, such as profitable and most robust grid configurations / files in the discussion page.
- Gridator ID # - unique EA identifier and magic number. Should be set different for every instance running in the same Terminal and on the same Symbol.
- Max Spread, points - maximum allowed spread value for placing new trades when a grid level is reached. Works in both real charts and tester.
- Grid Type - grid selection. User can choose either one of the built-in templates or his own custom grid, which should be designed and prepared for tester in advance. This setting is for strategy tester only.
- Allowed Trading directions - EA can trade either Buy Only, Sell Only or both directions mode.
Gridator is designed for hedging accounts only.
Gridator will not work on MQ VPS. Only on VPS with access to desktop.
I am planning to further develop this project using my own ideas and valuable inputs / feedback from the users. Please, do let me know if you have some comments or requests which can help make Gridator better. I am listening.