Teach me how to make money. - page 21

mt4trade:

That's exactly what I did and got the second file in the archive! :)

Take a close look, read here.

well it can't be - the signals in the strategy analyse what - previous trades or price?

All these Exoduses and Flips in statistics are only relevant if one person trades and the other analyses and flips :)

To make a U-turn, you have to flip yourself.

As for that, no matter how much you analyse, you'll end up with the same thing...

mt4trade:

Spread everywhere is 18 pips versus 650 pips SL/TP (first data file).

Once again - you post your data, we'll compare. Maybe there is a bug in the tester (I doubt it!). :)

Theoretically suspecting that something is wrong is one thing. But to check or prove with data in hand is another.

That's what I've already written - a strict reversal. We use SL==TP==800 (second data file). Then in the first (direct) case all orders are only SELLSTOP, in the second (reverse) all orders are BUYLIMIT only.

What is wrong, and how are you doing it?

I suggest to exclude any other "statistical processing" for the sake of purity of the experiment.

Oh, I haven't managed to investigate today.

Well, I should have some free time tomorrow... Because I'm sensing that we're talking about completely different "coups" ...

YOUNGA: Well, it can't be - the signals in the strategy analyze what - previous trades or the price?

It can perfectly well be. When you know (after the fact) that the strategy is losing, you change the order type in it.

That is, you set SELLSTOP at the same signal, and BUYLIMIT and voila.

All this in the tester, of course. :)

If you have time, I will show you what happens when there is no spread. :)

prikolnyjkent: I feel - you and I are talking about a completely different "coup" ...
Interesting, I'm waiting, just use the second version of the data.

mt4trade:

It can perfectly well be. When you know (after the fact) that the strategy is losing, you change the order type in it.

I.e., you set SELLSTOP to the same signal, and BUYLIMIT and voila.

All this in the tester, of course. :)

If you have time, I will show you what happens when there is no spread. :)

When there is no spread, even an idiot would draw a Tibetan mountain of profit.

paukas: When there is no spread, even an idiot will draw a Tibetan mountain of profit.
In general, yes, but that's not my goal. It's just that without a spread the flips work "properly", and with it the way I've shown. :)

mt4trade:
In general, yes, but that's not my goal. It's just that without the spread the flips work "properly", and with it as I've shown. :)

That's the way it is. There's nothing separating the spread from the profit. And with it, no matter how you flip ))

paukas: It is. Apart from the spread, there's nothing separating it from the profits. And with it, no matter how you turn it around ))

Yeah, but here's a visual, guys:

mt4trade:
Interesting, looking forward to it. Just use the second version of the data better.

Good day dear colleagues

mt4trade, it seems to me that you do a "reverse" by simply changing the direction of a position opened by TS signal. And at the same time, you keep the STOP SPacing as it should be according to TS.

And this - a completely different STATISTICS OF ACHIEVEMENTS (!).

"According to my rules, it is not only a change of position direction, but also a change of stop distances in accordance with the spread, so that the reversed position will be closed at the SAME TIME WHEN THE FRONT WAS LOSING (!). Only in this case, will be saved all the CHARACTERISTICS of the primary statistics of the outcomes of your TS, on which you have decided to bet by analyzing the data.

Here's what I got for the FIRST option you dropped:.

The red line, is the OUTPUT chart of the "balance in pips" (on which I raised my question earlier about the spread).

The black line, is the "balance in pips" graph, which is obtained with MY TRANSFORM.
From it, I conclude that your TS generates signals with 50/50 accuracy, if NOT BELIEVING SPRED,... and I'm betting on it.

A third, blue line emerges. This is already a "balance in currency" chart ... because I chose to play with the volume of my open positions when trading against TS signals (but, BY MY RULES OF TRANSACTION) as a source of profit.
The rule of change of transaction volume was to increase the volume of a position following a losing trade by 10% of the initial volume (for the scale of this chart, the initial volume was chosen =650 units).

But, personally, I'm not interested in a simple chart.
Most of all I'd like to see here the reasoning of people...
And ready-made "verdicts" like "ok"... or "crap" - not cool... No, it's not....

Reason: