Teach me how to make money. - page 19

DJDJ22: And what is a condition flip? A buy-sell condition. It's understandable.
Yes, it is a "pure" reversal of conditions (imho).
DJDJ22 : When an N% loss is reached, do we start reducing losing trades and change them to: When an N% profit is reached, do we increase the number of trades? Trelling profitable positions to what do we change it to? etc.
But this is work with statistics. So far I propose to distinguish them and not to mix them up. For the "purity of the experiment". :)
DJDJ22:
What are we looking at then? There is the same TS here. But the entry conditions have been changed. We buy-sell. But all other conditions are preserved. So we try to make profit. It seems to me the control points do not check anything. Or else the inverse transactions will not occur?

I would like to deal with reversals very clearly. As we can see, "just" flipping a trade into a trade with a high probability of not making a profit. I wanted to make it clear for everyone to see this clearly.

Explain the idea of checkpoints in more detail, pls. I don't get it.

mt4trade:

But what is the point in"In the second case, trade against your TS signals - and also enjoy life" if the resulting statistics are also unprofitable with a very high degree of probability?

That is, just trading against - there is no guarantee that you'll make a profit. You have to manage your lot as well. But then the point of "flipping"?

I don't get it, are you set up to profit Just because you start trading AGAINST them. of the TS signals giving a downward graph of the Outcome Statistics ?... Without doing anything else with the Statistic at all?...
But that's just plain lazy... With a job like that, you can't even get butter for the boules here.

I'd still like to see your version.

And I don't have data with a downward chart . All of my data is stupidly horizontal....

So, all hope is with yours.
Sorry...

prikolnyjkent: I don't understand, are you set up to profit only from having started trading AGAINST TS signals giving a downward graph of the Outcome Statistics ?... Without doing anything else with that Statistic at all ?

Literally from the previous post:"I'd like to be very clear about flips. As you can see, "just" flipping a trade into a trade with a high probability of not making a profit. I wanted everyone to see this clearly".

Also, in my reply to you I stressed:"just trading against - there is NO guarantee that you will make a profit. You also need to manage your lot".

So reasonable questions: firstly, is it worth it to roll over at all? (answer directly).

Secondly, is it possible to work positively with statistics, if on the spread the TS is still losing?

I can lay out a lot of downstream data, no problem. But not right now, later or tomorrow (busy).

mt4trade:

Literally from a previous post:"I would like to be very clear about flips. As you can see, "just" flipping a trade into a trade with a high probability of not making a profit. I wanted everyone to see this clearly".

Also, in my reply to you I stressed:"just trading against - there is NO guarantee that you will make a profit. You have to manage your lot as well".

That's how your "just" confused me... I was beginning to get the impression that you are one of those people who need everything "just". Excuse me, please...

So the reasonable questions are: firstly, is it even worth it to roll over? (answer directly).

If the bias is clearly not caused by the impact of the spread, then of course it is worth it.

Secondly, is it possible to work positively with statistics if the TC is still losing money on the spread?

The spread is nothing... The profitability of working with statistics is determined solely by the STABILITY of at least one of its characteristics.

I can lay out a lot of downstream data, no problem. But not right now, later or tomorrow (busy).

You're a lucky man ... I wish I had one of those...

prikolnyjkent: If the bias is clearly not caused by the impact of the spread, then of course it's worth it.

Well there is always the impact of the spread.

The spread is nothing...
I doubt that very much. I hope you can prove it, show me.
Prikolnyjkent: Profitability of work with statistics is determined exclusively by STABILITY of at least one of its characteristics. You are a lucky man... I wish I had one of those...

Here I am attaching the archive with two files. One and the same TS: OrdT1.csv - limit's orders, OrdT0.csv - stop's.

SL/TP seem to be not small (600), but both are "perfectly" stable - by losses! :)

Do something about it. :)

Files:
ordt01.zip  41 kb

mt4trade:

Explain the idea of control points in more detail, pls. I don't get it.

Have you tested

DJDJ22: You tested

The TS is built in such a way that it doesn't matter.

If you do "all ticks" it will be exactly the same. Maybe a percentage or two different. Checked.

mt4trade:

The TS is built in such a way that it doesn't matter.

If you do "all ticks" it will be exactly the same. Maybe a percentage or two different. Checked.

This is a dream, not a system.

DJDJ22: It's a dream, not a system.
No way, just orders are placed (if a signal) only at the beginning of a bar, that's all. :)

mt4trade:
:) Is there a douche against it?

Unfortunately, there isn't. For a flip to be profitable, you need the system to drain more than two spreads per trade on average. And it is no easier to come up with such a system than an overrun one. And no statistics will help. Because even if you do not transform a random series, you will get a random one in the output.
Reason: