Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 134

and entering a trade also for a reason - seasonal trends in instruments, trend direction in synthetics and lastly the divergence of the wagons are seen

knt-kmrd >>:
я хотел доказать что твой индюк - опасен, в нем есть логический косяк
и своими красивыми картинками он может ввести в заблуждение
---
и вообще подход к исследованию спредов у тебя не правильный
нужно сначала построить график синтетического инструмента и его уже оценивать
насколько хорошие там перспективы для торговли, а не увлекаться картинками "косого" индюка

So that's exactly what the second turkey is for! With the spread line.

Exactly. If you build a synthesis of all these pairs of contracts, you will get a chart that is no different from, say, currency crosses. You will see trends, you will see fluxes, you will see patterns... So, trading with beautiful pictures of divergence wagons, and given by the ratios, you're looking for a shortcut from St. Petersburg to Moscow... through Chukotka...

Once a trader grows up and starts trading in direct markets, with a real broker, then trading funny, kitchen CFDs comes to mind as a nightmare...

GEFEL писал(а) >>

Exactly. If you build a synthesis of all these pairs of contracts, you will get a chart that is no different from, say, currency crosses. You will see trends, you will see fluxes, you will see patterns... So, trading with beautiful pictures of divergence wagons, and given by the ratios, you're looking for a shortcut from St. Petersburg to Moscow... through Chukotka...

Once a trader grows up, and begins to trade in direct markets, with a real broker, then trading funny, kitchen CFD is remembered as a nightmare...

When you get experience and a good understanding of the market, you can do serious trading.

A year of playing... Isn't that funny...
If you "play", it doesn't matter what instruments... Currencies or futures...
Actually, it's true, these pretty pictures are just for playing around...

rid писал(а) >>
I went in on the soy. Flour and butter.

On the signal - what I put up on the previous page. And the seasonal trend on that entry coincided.
It's closed very well now, too.

Looks like the soybean crop is ripe for the picking in South
America. - Soybean prices are down. In wheat, a seasonal drop in price as fundamentally expected.

Do you happen to know where you can find news on commodities-grain, sugar, coffee?

hippy >>:

вы не знаете случайно где можно узнавать новости по товарным инструментам-зерно,сахар,кофе?

I go here often - http://ibcclub.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=72?pid=122
// http://ibcclub.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Now I'm trying out different settings for both indicators. I have a question. How do you calculate MA settings? Or should they be stable?

rid >>:

Так именно для этого и предназначен второй индюк! С линией спреда.

You have a non-normalized difference there, and I was talking about the synthetic instrument you're trading, i.e. the ratio of the two real
This difference needs to be normalized so that it fluctuates around zero.
to do this, you need to find the coefficient (ratio), which will be the price of a synthetic instrument (or rather its average price for the whole history - mathematical expectation).
Once you normalize the difference, you'll realize that trading e.g. gold/silver spreads is not easier than trading a standard currency pair.

Exactly.
Are you suggesting we go back to the standard analysis of the regular cross chart again ?
For example, GC/SI?
And we have to stupidly look out for " head-shoulders", "double bottom", "saucer" and other stuff on this chart, -= which work only on the "history" of cheating teachers of 3-weeks courses on Forex?
And scratching the back of your head again, wondering why time after time you poked in the wrong way again.
That's exactly how 98% of traders fail.
But I do not want to go back to the place, where I have started to lose my first deposit.
//-------------------------------
The combination of two indices (spread line + price lines) with analysis of seasonal trends gives a good opportunity to trade profitably. I dare to suggest that more than one hundred visitors of this thread use similar indicators, their analogues.
I assume that not everyone likes this approach. Some people believe they have to follow a common, well-trodden path.
Apparently, it is time to stop this useless argument! It's like arguing about which tastes better - cabbage soup or kissel.
At least I'm offering concrete solutions on these indices here . I'm posting promising inputs not "after the fact" but "before the fact".
Reason: